[Merged] Atlanta mayor responds to criticism after saying 'anybody other than the Saints' for Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

But she’s mayor of the city hosting the Super Bowl. She should want people to come to her city and spend money regardless of which team she’s a fan of. Don’t want saints in your city? Don’t host the super bowl.

I don’t disagree. She should have given a better speech. Every time I sit by away fans, which is every game, I tell them the same thing.

You are not welcomed in our house and we are going to curb stomp you, but thank you so much for coming to our great city. Please spend a ton of money. I them give them a big smile and a friendly handshake ended with Who Dat!

Now she isn’t as smooth as me, but who is. Lol

I must be honest, lay off the woman. (Not directed at OP) She is a fan of our rivals. I darn sure would not want the nasty failclowns as the home team in my dome.
Why just not opt out of hosting a superbowl if you’re so strongly against a rivalry playing in your stadium.

Big difference. She is a public official, representing her city. If it were a general fan, it is irelevant. We would understand. But being a public official; act like it. Don’t get caught up in being a FANatic.

On the flipside. Do you think Latoya Cantrell would have said something similar, if the script was flipped? Not a shot. You know why? Because she is the head of a city that knows and understands about being a host in a city that is accustom to hosting.

I guess you hate all those "I'll bet you 15 cheesesteaks for 15 bowls of Clam Chowder" or whatever all the mayors do for the Super Bowl and whatnot.

I didn’t post it because I was bothered by it. I posted it because it was Saints related and because I think the whole smack talk between rivals is good fun. :)

So all of you ranking on me for liking Pepsi are WILLINGLY giving businesses of Atlanta your money? I guess you all eat at Chik-fil-A and shop at Home Depot, too? It's like I don't even know all of you anymore.

Last edited:
I hope we win the Super Bowl 28-3. lol
More specifically, I hope we win the Super Bowl against the Patriots 28-3.

Last edited:
I didn’t post it because I was bothered by it. I posted it because it was Saints related and because I think the whole smack talk between rivals is good fun. :)
And she was laughing and everybody around her were clearly laughing. I think it's funny.

Public official. I disagree. Act professional, not as a FANatic. Leave the fanatical comments to the general fans. And apparently she had some 2nd thoughts, because she had to make light of her comments yesterday. She crawfished.

Did someone say crawfish?..................:p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom