[Merged] Atlanta mayor responds to criticism after saying 'anybody other than the Saints' for Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

I respect her for stirring the pot, and the snark about putting a bounty on her head was on point as far as proving she is a fan that keeps up with the sport and rivalry.

We need to focus on out business in New Orleans anyway!

No explanation necessary. What’s the big deal? Flip the script, would New Orleaneans be rooting against the Falcons? Damn right you would, and you’d be very open about it.

Them not wanting us is part of what makes this all great. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I respect her fandom. At least one person likes the Falcons enough to say what everyone in that God-forsaken former penal colony ought to be saying. I don't dislike her any less because she said it, but I can respect it. I doubt Brezhnev would've been thrilled about the US Olympic hockey team playing in Moscow for the gold medal.

I thought it was funny. If Atlanta was where we are in the playoffs, I would hope they lose.

No explanation necessary. What’s the big deal? Flip the script, would New Orleaneans be rooting against the Falcons? Damn right you would, and you’d be very open about it.

Them not wanting us is part of what makes this all great. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Big difference. She is a public official, representing her city. If it were a general fan, it is irelevant. We would understand. But being a public official; act like it. Don’t get caught up in being a FANatic.

On the flipside. Do you think Latoya Cantrell would have said something similar, if the script was flipped? Not a shot. You know why? Because she is the head of a city that knows and understands about being a host in a city that is accustom to hosting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom