Atleast we know (1 Viewer)

Like what? I keep checking everyday to see what is going on with will smith and vilma but nothing. Are they going to take pay cut or what?

I'm thinking Vilma and Smith are waiting until the last minute to sign the offer to see if the guaranteed money on their extension offers goes up. Either that, or they are thinking they won't sign what's on the table unless it does go up. In either case, the decision will be made and we can all move on one way or another. I keep logging in to see if there are any developments and keep getting disappointed. Can't wait til 4 P.M. CDT Tuesday.

Is the exact moment that free agency opens the exact moment we need to be under the cap?

Yes. The league year tolls at 4 p.m. on Tuesday. So it should be an exciting day at work for everyone on Tuesday.

Tell me about it. I want so badly to be one of the teams signing a new FA or agreeing to terms at least. But then here we are, see-sawing on the cap limit with fat to be cut and muscle to be gained. Make SOMETHING happen Loomis!

We have to make some room. Squeezing in under the cap will be detrimental to our defense. It's like this. Smith takes a cut of around 11 million or he's gone, while vilma takes about a 6 million cut or is gone. I think smith is more of an asset at this point than vilma. We'd only save 1 million with citing Harper vs almost 8 million cutting him next season. Herring would save us about 2 mill. Speculation cuts: Streif would save us 2.5 mill and chamberlain would save 1.5....a lot of options just hope we can make enough space to sign a few mid levels.

I don't see the motive from the Vilma and Smith sides to want to wait until the last minute. If they don't like what's on the table, surely they would have asked for their release by now to get an early jump on the market, right?

To me, I think they're just crossing T's and dotting I's on new, lowered-salary extensions at this point.

you guys think vilma,Smith and harper all might get axed?

No on Harper because the savings don't justify the dead money. We'd only save about a million cutting him vs waiting until next year and saving 8 million. He could be a restructure though.

I don't see the motive from the Vilma and Smith sides to want to wait until the last minute. If they don't like what's on the table, surely they would have asked for their release by now to get an early jump on the market, right?

To me, I think they're just crossing T's and dotting I's on new, lowered-salary extensions at this point.

I doubt we extend them, but I agree they are taking significantly lower salaries. As I stated in my post, smiths cap hit is roughly 14 million!!!! He needs to be kept at around 3 mill a year. Same goes for vilma.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom