Attendance to be determined by state/county (1 Viewer)

That sure seems ridiculous to allow some teams such a competitive advantage. They would not even allow draft prep to differ between teams/cities.

I agree! Goodell needs to make the decision.

Seems reasonable - whatever the local rules are, are what they are. These games are business ventures, they’ll sell whatever tickets they can.

That sure seems ridiculous to allow some teams such a competitive advantage. They would not even allow draft prep to differ between teams/cities.
Because in cities like New Orleans, with a mayor like Latoya that cancelled all major festivals and the Bayou Classic early on, it would create a conflict between the NFL and individual mayors, and governors, on their specific rules. The mayor would be facing major and numerous lawsuits from so many service providers of the festivals...etc., it would have been insane! That said, you can forget about attending ANY Saints home games. If you are planning to see your Saints play live, you may need to pick an away game, IF there are any cities still allowing fans by the time the season starts.

I am waiting now, for the official word from Latoya’s office, of no fans allowed at Saints games. Then I will get my season ticket money refunded and can take my tickets down from Seatgeek.

What a joke

Because in cities like New Orleans, with a mayor like Latoya that cancelled all major festivals and the Bayou Classic early on, it would create a conflict between the NFL and individual mayors, and governors, on their specific rules. The mayor would be facing major and numerous lawsuits from so many service providers of the festivals...etc., it would have been insane! That said, you can forget about attending ANY Saints home games. If you are planning to see your Saints play live, you may need to pick an away game, IF there are any cities still allowing fans by the time the season starts.

I am waiting now, for the official word from Latoya’s office, of no fans allowed at Saints games. Then I will get my season ticket money refunded and can take my tickets down from Seatgeek.
i had my tickets for 2 years. glad i got rid of them before this mess.

I’m waiting for every mayor or governor with a NFL team to declare no crowds.
It's cowardice on the part of the NFL because they are implicitly inflaming a health issue that has turned into a political issue. The medical component is clear: there should not be fans in the stands because of the health risk. Instead of doing the right thing, they are reinforcing the ignorant positions of a certain person.

I don't believe it. Fans at games? Two months ago the NFL imposed uniform restrictions limiting what head coaches and general manager physically could do. Because of liability and public-relations concerns, the league will set forth restrictions that will apply to all 32 teams. I do not see the league deferring to local officials, and I do not see fans in 2020.

I have every bit of confidence that the state and local governments will act in the interest of public health and not be influenced and lobbied by sports teams who are almost always one of the top economic drivers of the city they're in. Politicians have a tremendous history of putting the interest of their constituents above their donors and big business. I trust them.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom