Attendance (1 Viewer)

What's the magic number in attendance to keep the Hornets from opting out of their contract?

Just to clarify, it's not 100% necessary for us to meet that goal of 14,735. Shinn seems pretty committed to keeping the team here if possible and he has said that if he sees attendance trending upward and we still have not met the goal, then he will keep the Hornets here.

The Dallas game was a sellout with 15,900 that attendance surpass Shinn own bench mark of over 14,000.

You are right about the Wizards game to my surprise.

All games with the exception of 1 have been sellouts since the All Star Break.

A sellout is 17,200.

But I see where you're coming from as we met Shinn's goal.

i heard i think on the news or somewhere that shinn is trying to get the opt out clauses out of the contract.

i heard i think on the news or somewhere that shinn is trying to get the opt out clauses out of the contract.

He wouldn't get the opt out clauses out of the contract. The clause just gives him the "option" of leaving. I think what he said was that the organization isn't looking at the attendance as hard now because they feel more confident about the local support given the success of the team and the All Star Weekend.

nice to see the attendance is going up -- I knew that after Mardi Gras the team would start getting support -- would be nice to make a long playoff run --

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom