Attention Please: I am a Saints fan. (1 Viewer)

The ironic thing is that looking ahead, discussing playoff scenarios, rooting for other teams is one of the more "fun" things we get to do as fans. The season flies by and as Saints fans know, we usually aren't even in position to have these discussions at this point in the year. Watching the game is the most stressful part of the whole part of being a fan, talking about it afterwords, looking forward to possible playoffs, dreaming and discussing about one day winning the Super Bowl is the fun part!

When a fan says take it one game at a time, they're missing out on one of the most fun aspects of the entire process!

man, so true !

Since your are going to do whatever you want to do anyway, just try to play by these rules:

1. Don't yell when the offense has the ball (even if you are in your living room)

2. Don't start a wave (even if you are in your living room)

LOL....I'm not guilty of either, with this exception to #1:

If the offense is driving, and it's got you pumped up, and the other team takes a time-out, it's okay to cheer during the timeout. Man, I got so mad when someone told me to shut up during the now-infamous Offense Time-out Who Dat Chant from early this season. They don't need quiet to drink water! And they were dancing on the field!!!

On #2: I. Hate. The. Wave. That is all.

...that means I didn't make the roster. I wasn't hired as a coach. I don't make decisions or determine the outcome of a game. Other than yelling, of course, which I do profusely at every home game.

That means that I can focus on any game I choose, including the playoffs or the Super Bowl, without repercussions to the team.

The next game is a weaker opponent; I may overlook that opponent without fear of the game becoming a "trap."

I can analyze the playoff scenarios with the assumption of a win over Cincy, and that doesn't make a win over Cincy any more or less probable.

Here's the point:

What I talk about on the internets with other random fans has zero bearing on the focus, drive, desire, hunger or mental state of either the Saints, their division rivals, or this week's opponent.

So please, on this internet message board devoted to any and all things Saints, stop telling me I have to focus on the Bengals game.

Thanks for listening. Have a Nice Day.

I can't argue with anything you said. Lots of superstition on the SSF and I just laugh it off.

I DO think however that yours is a 'trap post'! :scared:

:hihi:

Green thumb for you dude! :9:

Good points all around.

Arguing that a fan should not look past the upcoming game is like telling someone that just bought a lottery ticket that they shouldn't think about what they might do with the money if they win until after the drawing.

Playing out the scenarios in your head, going over "what if's," looking ahead to big games or possible playoff matchups and fanticizing about big victories is half the fun!

In case anyone's interested - and barring a long lockout - if the season ended today our opponents next year would be:

Atlanta x2
Carolina x2
Tampa x2
Bears
Packers
Vikings
Lions
Giants or Eagles
Seahawks or Rams
Titans
Colts
Jaguars
Texans

Playing out the scenarios in your head, going over "what if's," looking ahead to big games or possible playoff matchups and fanticizing about big victories is half the fun!

Exactly! :9:

Unless you actually play on the team. :hihi:

Paging ddd...a thread requires your attention.

They truly have made this season a stressful one! I have no finger nails left! Not to count all the stress on my heart, and at my shape an age, I can't take a whole lotta stress!

In case anyone's interested - and barring a long lockout - if the season ended today our opponents next year would be:

Atlanta x2
Carolina x2
Tampa x2
Bears
Packers
Vikings
Lions
Giants or Eagles
Seahawks or Rams
Titans
Colts
Jaguars
Texans

I swear to you as I was going to bed last night, eyes closed, I was running through what our next years schedule would be. I had to go back over the past few years to see which nfc and afc divisions we would be playing, and then figure the 2nd place teams in the nfc that we'd be going against. I went back and forth on the giants/eagles who I'd rather play, I settled on the giants cause we've owned them of late. then I thought about seahawks/rams, and decided if we had to play that game on the road that I'd rather the rams but if we play it at home I'd prefer the seahawks. After I decided on that, I figured the falcons matchups, then the bucs, then the panthers. I thought to myself, oohh the panthers are going to get the cowboys for finishing last…they probably don't deserve that. Then I thought, sweet we get the Vikings again, that'll be fun. Then I realized we get them on the road, so I wasn't so happy about that. Then I remembered we had the Bears at home finally, so the ssf wouldn't have a meltdown on why we have to go to chicago for 4 straight times, and then I thought we may have to play there in the playoffs so people are going to be asking why the nfl is making us play there again and how aggravating that would be to have to see so many threads on that, then I think I unfortunately knocked off cause I wasn't done figuring scenarios for next year.

going further on looking ahead...here is the home and away breakdown....

Atlanta x2
Carolina x2
Tampa x2
Bears
@Packers
@Vikings
Lions
Giants or Eagles (Same place NFC East finisher)
@Seahawks or Rams (Same place NFC West finisher)
@Titans
Colts
@Jaguars
Texans

Although, we should have played @rams and SF at home this season since the last time we played the NFC West we played Rams at home and SF away in 07 when we played the NFC West last. But for some reason those two got switched. So I'm not sure if our home/away games might get switched up again next season.

Edit: Did some research and found out why our Rams/49ers games were adjusted this season: THE NFL ANNOUNCED that in future years, teams will travel to either Kansas City and San Diego OR to Oakland and Denver when playing the entire AFC West, and to San Francisco and Arizona OR to Seattle and St. Louis when playing the entire NFC Wes

So that explains why it changed and how it will be in future rotations of the 8 year cycle.

Although, I'm not positive because this 2010 season has thrown other wrinkles into the schedule as well. It's been the same for 8 years, but that was a complete run through of every team home and away. So now I think the schedule makers are tweaking it again. So the same record opponent home/away might change as well. We played same record NFC North opponents home past 2 years. (Lions and Vikings; Vikings should have been away) But I think the 2010 was a "reset point" and now we will cycle again for 8 years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom