Attorney sues his own son. (1 Viewer)

Aside from the optics, this case just seems bullcrap. The son’s law firm is his name - there’s no tricks involved. I hate George Sink (Sr.) now, what a dick.

Well, I think I agree with Sr on the website. Georgesinklaw.com is pretty confusing.

But, his son was fired.... why? This had "more than meets they eye" written all over it.

Well, I think I agree with Sr on the website. Georgesinklaw.com is pretty confusing.

But, his son was fired.... why? This had "more than meets they eye" written all over it.

Also this story is old

They settled it right before Christmas. In an earlier ruling where Sink, Jr. had asked for an injunction preventing him from continuing to use his name during pendency of the litigation to be lifted, apparently the judge wasn't too impressed with the Yale-educated son's arguments. He ruled nein, nein, nein, nein, nein, nein, nein, nein, nein. (the father's law firm phone number is 999-9999)

Last edited:
The story that just won't die . . . so now that George Sink has muscled George Sink Jr. out of using his own name for his law firm in Charleston, Philadelphia attorney Robert Sink says "not so fast" . . . asks USPTO to invalidate George Sink (Sr's) trademark.

George Sink's attorney describes the action as "puzzling." I suspect Robert Sink thinks George Sink is a jerk.

George Sink, the personal injury lawyer known for his ubiquitous “all-nines” television commercials, settled a trademark-focused family feud with his son months ago, but he’s still being pursued for alleged trademark violations by a Philadelphia lawyer whose complaint seemingly appeared out of nowhere last year.

Robert Sink, who’s practiced personal injury law in downtown Philadelphia since 1994, says George Sink shouldn’t be allowed to own the George Sink P.A. Injury Lawyers trademark because it confuses consumers into thinking the two law firms are affiliated with one another. Robert Sink adds George Sink, whose office is in North Charleston, does not have his permission to use the Sink name in his trademark and it’s too similar to his own Law Offices of Robert W. Sink trademark.

Robert Sink says George Sink obtained his trademark through deception and fraud and he wants the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to revoke and cancel George Sink’s trademark. The case is pending before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
. . .
The fight over who can use the Sink name has a twisted history.

Robert Sink had not complained about the trademark that was registered in 2010 until George Sink last year alleged his son — George Sink Jr. — was violating the trademark by using his birth name to advertise a competing law firm. The younger Sink went to the trademark board in October seeking to have his dad’s trademark canceled, but withdrew the petition when the father-and-son apparently settled their differences two months later.

Couldn't the son just change his first name to Kitchen?
Well, with this new development, clearly this name change would leave open a lawsuit from the Law Firm of Bathroom, Sink.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom