Attorney sues Popeyes for choking on chicken... (2 Viewers)

The weak fool dropped the case cause social media kicked his butt :hihi:

The weak fool dropped the case cause social media kicked his butt :hihi:

was going to make some lame joke about him choking on his choke suit - wanted to use a choke meme
found this while searching
maxresdefault.jpg

That makes choking look pleasurable. Of course if I was to choke it would be some 400 pound hairy sweaty dude with BO I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently the attorney has dropped his case against Popeyes:

Paul Newton Jr. of Gulfport tells The Sun Herald (Gulfport attorney drops lawsuit against Popeyes fried chicken | SunHerald) Thursday that he decided not to pursue the matter further citing "extreme comments" directed at his family.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/knives-needed-man-says-choking-popeyes-chicken-103136753.html

It's a different world we're in now. He obviously though he'd drop a suit on Popeyes and get a small settlement (it's cheaper for them to throw a little money at it than fight it). The dynamics are different now - people who don't like what you're doing can find you very easily and let you know what they think. And it isn't pretty and likely very uncomfortable.

When we lived in small communities, social pressure kept people from doing shameful things. Then, our communities got much larger and people didn't always know each others' business and among this general anonymity, social pressure was reduced or even eliminated entirely. Somewhat paradoxically, the internet brings some of those dynamics back. It's a lot uglier, IMO, but I think there's some parallels for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom