ATV, SxS, general off-road (1 Viewer)

kooldak

Retired
Administrator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Any interest here about off-roading? If we have enough interest, maybe we can start a sub-board on the subject.

Here is my toy (justified as a snow plow in the winter):

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 2
KD... Love the ATV, and the view. Is that the view from the back of your house? :D

KD... Love the ATV, and the view. Is that the view from the back of your house? :D

Ummm, yeah, actually it is. Kinda. :hihi:

The community that I live in has 15 miles or so of community owned and maintained private roads that go up the mountain right behind my house. This photo was taken on those roads. The elevation changes from about 8000 ft up to about 10,000 ft. I posted some other pics over on the EE here:

http://saintsreport.com/forums/4478717-post45.html

The same concept as living on a private golf course, only we have riding areas, stocked ponds and a trout stream - and some incredible scenery.

That is incredible. Extremely jealous!

It is a wonderful place, but I sure miss home. Especially in the winter when you guys are eating crawfish, crabs or shrimp and wearing short sleeve shirts while I'm digging out from under 4 ft. of snow in a down jacket. :hihi:

Wow... very jealous of where you live!

I'd like to get into off-roading one day. I have a 4x4 4Runner and have been on the beach and a little mud with it, but nothing major.

Attachments

• IMG_8537.JPG
    IMG_8537.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 0
I would love to visit NM. My parents have been through there a few times on their bike and it looks amazing. It's on my bucket list for a motorcycle trip for me.

That is incredible. Extremely jealous!

Nice looking..yeah...jealous...nope. I have lived in places like this (mountains in virginia) and nothing beats the swamps and outdoors in Louisiana...

Im a true coonass...gotta have my cypress trees and swamp

I'd like to get into off-roading one day. I have a 4x4 4Runner and have been on the beach and a little mud with it, but nothing major.

I feel ya buddy...I just got this and I am dying to get it offroad myself...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 1

Off-roading is a lot of fun. Next time you take a vacation, look and see if there are any places nearby that offer an off-roading venue and give it a shot. A good family function, too.

I would love to visit NM. My parents have been through there a few times on their bike and it looks amazing. It's on my bucket list for a motorcycle trip for me.

I rode for almost 40 years. Don't anymore (bad back), but wish I could. The paved mountain roads up here are fabulous. We see bikers heading up into the mountains all the time. They come up, stay in Chama and then take the roads over the mountains to Taos or Alamosa, CO. Makes for a fun and scenic trip.

If you decide to come up this way some time, drop me a PM with any questions. I'll buy you a beer. :)

Nice looking..yeah...jealous...nope. I have lived in places like this (mountains in virginia) and nothing beats the swamps and outdoors in Louisiana...

Im a true coonass...gotta have my cypress trees and swamp

Like I said above, I miss it. I love it here as well, but if you are a S. La. boy (I'm from St. Charles Parish) it kinda gets in your blood and never leaves.

I feel ya buddy...I just got this and I am dying to get it offroad myself...

Nice! I'd be afraid to scratch it... :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom