Aubrayo franklin (1 Viewer)

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I think he is still a free agent and he played Nose Tackle at SF. We definately need another NT to share time with Bunkley. I think we should give a look at bringing Franklin back to a 1 yr contract. Also we need to draft a NT and make him learn behind Bunkley and Franklin.

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
we paid him 4/mil a year last time, Do you want to give him that? Not me, rather get an OLB or TE and draft one with a 5th round pick

OP

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
we paid him 4/mil a year last time, Do you want to give him that? Not me, rather get an OLB or TE and draft one with a 5th round pick
I dont think even he will ask for that much ....... his market price itself is low ....... I think we can get him for 2 million ....

saintly179

Very Banned
Reaction score
I thought he played well for us personally. Alotta ppl refuse to accept that the job of an NT most of the time isn't flashy. He played stellar last season n I'd welcome him back with open arms

Javon7143

InYourFace
Reaction score
17 tackles in 2011 in 16 games.
20 tackles in 2012 in 12 games.

Not very productive. 6 of those games for us, he didn't even register a tackle. Pass.
Can't really measure a NT's production by number of tackles.
Maybe the 4-3 just wasn't his thing.

Reaction score
Can't really measure a NT's production by number of tackles.
Maybe the 4-3 just wasn't his thing.
I see your point, but still; he couldn't get one measly tackle in 6 separate games?

He only had 3 more tackles this past season in the Chargers' 3-4, I doubt he'd be any more productive in ours.

I mean, I keep hearing people say to bring in new and young blood, but some people seem to rather bring players back in that we already cut ties with. For instance, mountaineerdude here wanted Will Smith gone so bad, but he wants to bring someone back in that was even less productive than Smith in 2011?

That just doesn't make any sense. What's next, people asking if we should bring Shaun Rogers back in to kick the tires?

texasjefe

That's how football go
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He and Shaun Rogers came with big expectations in 2011 and pretty much stole their salaries. How could anyone imagine Loomis and Payton bringing back Franklin?

kewinn89

I'm Dhee Truth
Reaction score
Alot of you have no idea what your talking about..For starters NT don't get a lot of tackles..Franklin was average in the 4-3 here but when he went back to the 3-4 last year with the Chargers he was once again the best run stuffing NT in the league

Brees Lee

BOUNTY HUNTER
Reaction score
He and Shaun Rogers came with big expectations in 2011 and pretty much stole their salaries. How could anyone imagine Loomis and Payton bringing back Franklin?
Rogers was playing better than Franklin in 2011. Franklin was terrible. Maybe he just doesn't fit the 4-3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom