Aubrayo franklin (1 Viewer)

He and Shaun Rogers came with big expectations in 2011 and pretty much stole their salaries. How could anyone imagine Loomis and Payton bringing back Franklin?

Rogers was playing better than Franklin in 2011. Franklin was terrible. Maybe he just doesn't fit the 4-3.

Very few teams if any could run up the gut on us 2 yrs ago n it was solely attributed to the Rogers/Franklin rotation. Almost sad how they get little or no credit around here. I see some of u talkin bout their "low production" when the primary job of an NT is to set things up to help others produce. Who knows why the FO didn't decide to sign atleast 1 of em back but in the end they did what they were asked to do with us

I see your point, but still; he couldn't get one measly tackle in 6 separate games?

He only had 3 more tackles this past season in the Chargers' 3-4, I doubt he'd be any more productive in ours.

I mean, I keep hearing people say to bring in new and young blood, but some people seem to rather bring players back in that we already cut ties with. For instance, mountaineerdude here wanted Will Smith gone so bad, but he wants to bring someone back in that was even less productive than Smith in 2011?

That just doesn't make any sense. What's next, people asking if we should bring Shaun Rogers back in to kick the tires?

How many tackles do you think the beat 3-4 NT in the league make?

You're not picking an accurate stat to measure his success by.

How many tackles do you think the beat 3-4 NT in the league make?

You're not picking an accurate stat to measure his success by.

Just save ur breath dude. We could tell em the same facts 100 more times n they still wouldn't accept it. They'll forever think NTs are being asked to produce like 3Ts

tackles are almost meaningless for a NT

look at his PFF ratings and other grades...is he getting pushed back, is he holding hte line, is he commanding doubles....

his job is to setup other players ..

We need a second-rate big-body to back-up Bunkley. Franklin would do if we can sign him cheap.
The way it looks to me Bunkley will be a backup to big Akeem in the 3-4. Hicks is the real deal. He sees right over the double teams!

Pass on Franklin, were good at DT.

Colts are signing everyone.

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
Former #Chargers, #Saints, #49ers and #Ravens DT. RT @mchappell51: #colts agree on deal with DT Aubrayo Franklin.
Retweeted by Mike Triplett

Alot of you have no idea what your talking about..For starters NT don't get a lot of tackles..Franklin was average in the 4-3 here but when he went back to the 3-4 last year with the Chargers he was once again the best run stuffing NT in the league

I actually thought he played ok for us and would be even better at 3-4. However, if he was the best run stuffing NT out there, would someone have signed him already?

The way it looks to me Bunkley will be a backup to big Akeem in the 3-4. Hicks is the real deal. He sees right over the double teams!

OK, but remember at least one, and sometimes both, of the ends will play 2-gap; if we move Hicks away from that then who backs up Will Smith and Cam Jordan on the ends?

Alot of you have no idea what your talking about..For starters NT don't get a lot of tackles..Franklin was average in the 4-3 here but when he went back to the 3-4 last year with the Chargers he was once again the best run stuffing NT in the league

Exactly. He has always played well in a 3-4 and was just not a fit in our 4-3. NTs in a 3-4 cannot be judged by reading a stat sheet. He would have been a decent backup for what probably will be a near league minimum contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom