Audi's electric sport-sedan (e-tron GT) to compete with Tesla unveiled at LA auto show (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And wow is it a beauty.

I’d be hard pressed to find a more exciting car here at the LA Auto Show than Audi’s announcement of its sport-back e-tron GT. Although the teasers and camo version drip released over the previous 2 days made it out to be a S7 sportback body plopped onto a 2019 Porsche Taycan powertrain, we were pumped to see more.

Seeing the real thing in person at an Audi event this week, which we were brought to on Audi’s generous dime, was an experience unto itself.

https://electrek.co/2018/11/28/audi...splash-at-the-la-auto-show/#jp-carousel-80028

1543612765409.png

1543612741376.png

Attachments

• 1543612625178.png
    1543612625178.png
    505.1 KB · Views: 1
A7 was my dream. Not no more.

Its that.

Yeah, I'm pretty sprung about it too.

it has a Panamera feel to the rear - and even a dodge charger/chevy camaro-esque front quarterpanel look almost.

That car is just bliss. The lines, the shape...

not terribly crazy about the rims and their resemblance to the Atlanta SphincterDome...:p

it has a Panamera feel to the rear - and even a dodge charger/chevy camaro-esque front quarterpanel look almost.

That car is just bliss. The lines, the shape...

I spec'd out a 2019 CLS yesterday, but 2020 will bring the 8 series gran coupe . . . both looked gorgeous to me yesterday. Now not so much.

I spec'd out a 2019 CLS yesterday, but 2020 will bring the 8 series gran coupe . . . both looked gorgeous to me yesterday. Now not so much.

the side profile - i keep coming back to that very first pic.

im just WOW.

I like the front and sides. I'm not a huge fan of the rear angle.

I honestly think the Tesla Model S still holds up.

I can see it now. 2021.

youngest daughter: "dad why am i going to Fountainbleu when older sis graduated from Hannan?"

me: " well you see....its the E-Tron".

yd: " but she got to go to Hannan- i want to go to Hannan"

me: " understood. and dad wants to go to 60mph in 3.5 seconds. Good talk baby. Now lets get you registered"

I also don't like the word "E-tron" in the grill. I presume for my $150,000, I can have that removed?

I also don't like the word "E-tron" in the grill. I presume for my $150,000, I can have that removed?

Yeah I think that’s just the promo vehicle for the auto shows and pub material.

My MiL / FiL drive a Tesla and a Panamera.

They drive the Tesla all day everyday while the top of the line Porsche sits. I think it has 3k miles in 18months.

Just yesterday I was told that they've already decided that they're planning to buy some new electric Porsche called the Taycan. Sounds fun, but I'm surely hoping when they ditch the old Panamera they'll sell it to me for trade in because that thing is a beast!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom