Audi's electric sport-sedan (e-tron GT) to compete with Tesla unveiled at LA auto show (1 Viewer)

I had a 2018 535ix GT as a dealer-service loaner a couple of months ago. That’s got the 3.0 six with the twin turbos. Same engine as my 640, so it felt the same - drove like a 5 series. The 550 is quite a bit sportier with the eight cylinder.

But all in all, it’s no different than the 5 sedans other than that hatchback - which I suppose is an eye of the beholder thing. I’m not a fan of the look, but driving one for two days, I could see that if you want the cargo space and access but don’t want a wagon or suv, it could be useful.

I believe the one she looked at was a 16 and she wants a hatchback because she's had a 450 GL with plenty of space for years. I think she's going to drive a Panamera today which is similar in layout.

I will never buy a brand new car, but that's a whole different discussion.

I believe the one she looked at was a 16 and she wants a hatchback because she's had a 450 GL with plenty of space for years. I think she's going to drive a Panamera today which is similar in layout.

I will never buy a brand new car, but that's a whole different discussion.

Yeah, especially with the luxury brands where leasing is popular, you can usually pick up a car that’s about a year and a half old, 15k miles on it, for a really good value compared to new.

People get in three year leases and when they hit halfway, the dealer calls to roll them over into a new model on the same payment. Then they sell the car that’s less than two years old. Everybody wins.

Yeah, especially with the luxury brands where leasing is popular, you can usually pick up a car that’s about a year and a half old, 15k miles on it, for a really good value compared to new.

People get in three year leases and when they hit halfway, the dealer calls to roll them over into a new model on the same payment. Then they sell the car that’s less than two years old. Everybody wins.

Yep. She says the one she's looking at has 19k miles and for less than half the original price she'll have it with a warranty for 4 years to 86k miles.

I put more than 20k per year on my car so to me that's brand new and saves 45k.

My first car at 17 was the only new car bought in my life. Lease returns and loaner sales make for good value. My auto broker finds me deals. Saves the headache of shopping around and haggling

Last edited:
My current car is a 2014 that I got in September of 2015, it came in off a three year lease, halfway in with 18K miles on it. I played the "i'm not that into it" for a few days and then got a great deal on the last day of the quarter. They're always motivated to make monthly and quarterly numbers.

It now has 47K miles on it, so in 3 and 1/2 years, I put 30K miles - I don't rack up a ton of miles. I'm going to get rid of it before it hits 50K. I'm looking at the '19 CLS, it's a new body so I don't think I'll be able to play the same game on a lightly used one. I might lease it - I could do a 10K/yr lease easily.

I have offers written down. For example: '19 X6 demo
10k annual 2k down 628 monthly

10k isn't bad. I ride around for no reason a lot,(at least 30% of mileage) and still only about 1500 miles over my wanted target of 1k monthly to keep my trade in value higher. Ill likely lease from this point forward. Ill look into insurance premiums, though Id get more car for lower notes leasing.

I didn't ask if this X6 was a base model, but a fully loaded Stinger GT was mentioned for 5 and change. 12k-3000 down. They don't lease well, since wife could get an Audi A4 for that. She likes the Hyundai G70, so we'll wait on my guy to holla about a deal. I agree that I like it more than her '16 Maxima SV.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom