Aunt declines wedding invitation because there was no plus one (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Drama much?
==========

A furious woman has turned down her niece's wedding invitation after her partner of two years wasn't included - claiming the lack of a plus one was hurtful and the couple would have been better not to invite her at all.

The bride-to-be received her Aunt Edith's invitation back in the mail - but instead of just marking whether she could attend or not she had covered the invite with an angry note.

'Most rude and hurtful,' the woman wrote on the invite, adding her partner's name next to her own.

'Family shouldn't separate family. You shouldn't have sent one at all,' she ranted.

The bride clarified that due to pandemic restrictions she was having a bare bones wedding adding later that she had nothing to do with her aunt's boyfriend, 'Uncle Danny'.

And it appeared most people were on the couple's side, adding they should be allowed to invite whoever they want to their wedding and calling Edith an 'overwrought drama queen'.

'That‘s a quick way to quit being invited to family gatherings ever again. Yeesh, Aunt Edith,' one woman said.............

aunt invite.jpg

Aunt turns down a wedding invitation because she didn't get a plus one (msn.com)

Understandable during a pandemic.
Under normal circumstances, if I've been with a partner for 2 years, at that point they should be invited. If it's a matter of finances, reduce the invite list to closest family and friends and leave others out altogether.

I'd feel differently if it was a partner you weren't serious with or like only together 6 months.

Dude, Uncle Danny was probably fist-pumping on the inside. “Yes! Yes!, I mean, oh no how could she. Looks like you’ll just have to go without me honey. I’m sure I’ll find something to do.”

:hihi:

I've attended quite a few family weddings as a singleton and I'm married. People get too "special" about this stuff. Even if I as a single Aunt Edith was miffed, I'd keep it to myself.

Then again, the last wedding I went to I basically crashed but it was a Greek wedding and the reception was held at the church, not a per-head sit down formal thing.

Understandable during a pandemic.
Under normal circumstances, if I've been with a partner for 2 years, at that point they should be invited. If it's a matter of finances, reduce the invite list to closest family and friends and leave others out altogether.

I'd feel differently if it was a partner you weren't serious with or like only together 6 months.

It made me think the bride may be thinking, "I didn't think you and Danny liked weddings seeing you have been together 2 years and haven't got married yet."

Someone probably went to journalism school and ended up writing this drivel.

I can see it now...

Editor: Belinda! I have a story I need you to cover!
Belinda: Oh, are we finally going to dig into the Ghislaine Maxwell case and expose the deep connections with public officials and the royal family?
Editor: No, forget about all that. Edith was invited to a wedding, but they won't let her bring her boy toy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom