Aunt declines wedding invitation because there was no plus one (2 Viewers)

Understandable during a pandemic.
Under normal circumstances, if I've been with a partner for 2 years, at that point they should be invited. If it's a matter of finances, reduce the invite list to closest family and friends and leave others out altogether.

I'd feel differently if it was a partner you weren't serious with or like only together 6 months.
6 months to me back in the day = very, very, serious commitment which I would have expected all others to take very, very seriously :hihi:

It made me think the bride may be thinking, "I didn't think you and Danny liked weddings seeing you have been together 2 years and haven't got married yet."
I was married in my heart before I ever set foot in front of a priest/minister/rabbi and divorced in my mind long before setting foot in front of a judge/mediator :hihi:

Don't know why she was mad. I'd be ecstatic not to be invited to a wedding. Majority of weddings I've gone to this past decade have ended in divorce.
I don't like weddings, I like receptions. People shouldn't get married and instead just have parties every now and again.

For those that don't know, my wife is from Central America. When we were getting married, money was tight as I hadn't been back on my feet too long after having Guillain Barre and a neck surgery following my first accident...needless to say medical bills had wiped me out.

Basically, her parents insisted we invite what seemed like every Salvadoran in the Baton Rouge area despite not wanting to contribute to anything including her wedding dress (I think they were under the impression that their daughter had hooked up with a rich gringo).

I told them bluntly what they could do with their guest list

For some reason, they don't talk to me much

I don't like weddings, I like receptions. People shouldn't get married and instead just have parties every now and again.

Someone had to hold my drink while I got married.

1) if Edith is important enough to make the list then the bride knows about uncle Danny, so obviously uncle Danny is an butt crevasse.

2). Danny puts up with Edith who will do crazy sheet like respond to wedding invitation that way. Obviously, uncle Danny is an butt crevasse.

Our wedding had about 10 people in a friend’s Uptown backyard
Our reception, a few days later, was at Bacchanal - a wine shop with big outdoor area. We had a ‘gods n goddesses’ theme and everyone costumed
That was fun

I need more information before I condemn Aunt Edith. I noticed they were asking for a response by October 20th of last year. That's smack dab in the middle of football season. Was this wedding being held on a Sunday? Monday evening/night? I think I need more information on this one...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom