aussie rules footy (afl) (1 Viewer)

Len Clark is middle row third from right.

1582002508511.png

Ok, so I was planning to just lurk around on this forum as I am still in the process of learning NFL. I don't feel I know enough of the rules to make any kind of comment —though I think we should keep Kamara and turn him into a WR. This is my first year following the New Orleans Saints but I chose this team—is franchise the better word?—as it has the same name as my beloved St.Kilda Saints. That's them in the youtube clip @Madmarsha put up and that is our only premiership.m Over 100 years old, one title...

If you haven't watched give AFL a go, and really you are duty bound to follow the St.Kilda Saints :devilish:

Ok, so I was planning to just lurk around on this forum as I am still in the process of learning NFL. I don't feel I know enough of the rules to make any kind of comment —though I think we should keep Kamara and turn him into a WR. This is my first year following the New Orleans Saints but I chose this team—is franchise the better word?—as it has the same name as my beloved St.Kilda Saints. That's them in the youtube clip @Madmarsha put up and that is our only premiership.m Over 100 years old, one title...

If you haven't watched give AFL a go, and really you are duty bound to follow the St.Kilda Saints :devilish:
"Team" more common. "Franchise" translates, though. "Saints" definitely catches the eye. But I feel the same watching the Aussie rules, I am so lost in the rules that it's hard to keep up.

"Team" more common. "Franchise" translates, though. "Saints" definitely catches the eye. But I feel the same watching the Aussie rules, I am so lost in the rules that it's hard to keep up.
Thank you, will stick with 'team.'
I am doing my best to try to understand positional play in the NFL. I read a couple of books about offence but I still get very confused by the role of the tight end! And I am still getting my head around the downs too.
I coach or have coached/played AFL, cricket, soccer and hockey (field) but how on earth a quarterback thinks through a rushing defense has got me admiring but astonished.

Welcome aboard to this place... as you can tell, we've got some effed up peeps lol...

Welcome.

Also, to everybody else - do not listen to any of this.

But seriously: if I had taken chosen sports teams based on my AFL affiliation, I would be obliged to follow the Seattle Seahawks, the Atlanta Hawks, the Chicago Blackhawks, the St Louis BattleHawks in the XFL (probably) and possibly the Shorter Hawks(?) in CFB.

It should be organic. By which I mean to say, you should read my post and then do precisely as I recommend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom