aussie rules footy (afl) (1 Viewer)

But seriously: if I had taken chosen sports teams based on my AFL affiliation, I would be obliged to follow the Seattle Seahawks, the Atlanta Hawks, the Chicago Blackhawks, the St Louis BattleHawks in the XFL (probably) and possibly the Shorter Hawks(?) in CFB.

It should be organic. By which I mean to say, you should read my post and then do precisely as I recommend.

Cheers man, it was organic in a sense, I come from a family of jazz musicians—or is that too much of a cliche? I am the only idiot unable to play an instrument.

Anyway, god luck to the Hawks on Thursday night. (y)

Cheers man, it was organic in a sense, I come from a family of jazz musicians—or is that too much of a cliche? I am the only idiot unable to play an instrument.

Anyway, god luck to the Hawks on Thursday night. (y)

That's fair. I'd say it was a shame you didn't come from a family of pilots instead and then you may have derived a little more enjoyment from supporting the Bombers over the years, but at the same time, I wouldn't wish being an Essendon supporter on my worst enemy.

Likewise re Thursday. Would love to get to Moorabbin but I won't be finished with work in time. Here's hoping for injury free pre-season football.

Since moving to Oz, I’ve had to adopt a team or be left out of 90% of non-work conversations. Took a while to get the hang of the game, but definitely prefer it to rugby union or rugby league. With that said...GO BULLDOGS!

Ok, so I was planning to just lurk around on this forum as I am still in the process of learning NFL. I don't feel I know enough of the rules to make any kind of comment —though I think we should keep Kamara and turn him into a WR. This is my first year following the New Orleans Saints but I chose this team—is franchise the better word?—as it has the same name as my beloved St.Kilda Saints. That's them in the youtube clip @Madmarsha put up and that is our only premiership.m Over 100 years old, one title...

If you haven't watched give AFL a go, and really you are duty bound to follow the St.Kilda Saints :devilish:
Welcome and post away
As you can tell on the SSF, knowledge of football is no barrier to loudly posting your opinion about football

For those of you shut in without much to do on your Saturday night, get on board with some AFL. It has already received plenty of coverage in America:

North Melbourne v St Kilda (the Saints, ugh, trust me y’all don’t want to support them) starts just after 9pm NOLA time and then my boys Hawthorn take on Brisbane from about 11.40pm.

www.watchafl.com.au (although I understand some games air on FS1 too). Sign up for a weekly pass! I promise it’s even better with crowds too...

I'd watch the game on ESPN back in the day just to hear the announcers:

One player is ready to catch the ball and player two punches him in the back of the head. A brawl ensues while play continues on the field "Looks like the tribunal is going to be busy on Monday..."

"Hawthorn is giving Geelong a nice old caning..."

:ezbill:

....and as at 9pm Sunday night AEDST, there will be no more AFL either :(
I clicked on this thread all excited to watch. And poof....just like that, my hopes were dashed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom