Austin Columnist Knows the Deal (1 Viewer)

I heard before that Bohls is a hack that is known for writing anti-UT pieces to tick off the fan base and elicit chatter about his work. Would you say this is true Desmond?

:shrug:

TPS

I read the Statesman sometimes. I think Bohls was the local UT homer who was pimping his vote for Bush for Heisman to the native burnt-orange contingent back in 2005. I'm pretty sure that's the guy, isn't it ja boo dix?

TPS

I couldn't tell you. This is the 1st time I've heard of the guy. :shrug:

I heard before that Bohls is a hack that is known for writing anti-UT pieces to tick off the fan base and elicit chatter about his work. Would you say this is true Desmond?

TPS

Don't think so, TPS - google him and read through his articles, especially the ones on Burnt Orange Nation. More of a homer than an attention monger...

Now, could someone please email this article to Loose Cannon????:hihi:

TPS

Haha. He is kind of a hack and I rarely agree w/ him. I always thought of him more as UT-homer than pot-stirrer. Like most medias types, his opinions seemingly change as the pages of the calendar.

But hey, that don't mean he can't be right here....cos he is. ;)

>>Don't think so, TPS - google him and read through his articles, especially the ones on Burnt Orange Nation. More of a homer than an attention monger...

You could see the swipes at UT and then in the sidebar they have that article about Stoops being the best coach in the Big XII which we all know is anathema (sp?) to Austin. :hihi:

Let me see if I can find the article about Bush for Heisman and see if it was Bohls or someone else maybe from the Dallas Market or something.

Here it is.

http://www.statesman.com/hp/content/sports/stories/longhorns/12/7BOHLS.html

I think they guy's writing style is okay, but you get the feeling that there are some jabs at the locals (not a problem to be depreciating of homer teams and therefore adding credibility). JMO. Someone from Austin would have to weigh in who has a history with this guy. Powder Keg brough him up once after a long night of drinking. :covri:

TPS

Forgot about the Bush deal. Still, I've read soooo many Mack-fawning columns from the guy......

Like "Bob Stoops is the best coach in the Big 12"?
http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/01/04/0104bohls.html

Or this column ripping the team before the Holiday Bowl?
http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/12/27/1227bohls.html

"This bowl game is about more than damage control and the future. Or needs to be, if Mack Brown wants to keep drawing those $2.91 million paychecks as one of the six highest paid coaches in college football."--there was plenty more ripping into Mack Brown in that article.

I'd say that his tone is more reflective of the fan base--that is despite another top 10 finish, the 7 straight 10-win seasons and 4-straight bowl victories that expectations for the program are higher than mere top-10 finishes.

expectations for the program are higher than mere top-10 finishes.

just curious - do you agree or disagree with those expectations?

Are you content with "mere top 10 finishes" (I realize that's a terribly relative phrase...)?

Could we please move this thread to the I wish LC was still here so I could see his face/head explode board.

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom