Austin draft scenarios/Sproles trade speculation (**MERGED**) (1 Viewer)

I think it amazing how well SP and ML do with under rated players. They'd do well with trading out of the first round and grabbing every UDFA and low rounders and groom them. I think the difference is, millionaire kids just don't care, as much as hungry lower rounders. Looks what the Saints have done with the lower round guys? Ingram? muh. Aikeem Hicks -- maybe, has shown some ability. Will Smith has shown consistency. I think Jenkins has been our best high round pick in several years.

Colston, Thomas, Ivory, Cadet, Moore, Graham, many others, have often out performed the high draft picks. Trade down. Get more potential than college game day history.

-0% chance the Vikings give up two first rounders for one. You'd be doing well to get their 1st and 2nd.

We would be getting market value for their #25 and #52 (1100 points) our #15 is 1050 points. If they want a explosive game changer on offensive and in the kick return game they will have to move up 10 spots because St. Louis is taking him next at #16. That scenario will cost the Vikings a premium and they will have to pay "above market value" for this type of player. How much above market value is he worth to them will determine how much they pay.

The Vikings can draft 2 starting WRs with their picks. Austin is nice but not worth all that.

Really? Name 2 starting WR they can draft at #23 and #25. Tavon Austin is a game changer match up nightmare in todays NFL. He has legit 4.3 speed but the special thing about him is he actually runs nice routes and knows how to read defenses and find the open zones as a slot receiver. He plays RB against Oklahoma and rushes for 344 yards in one game. Some people are listing durability as a concern because of his size but he has not missed one game during his career playing at a major DI program.

Lots of teams want Austin. We are in prime position to either select him or have someone eager to trade up with us for him.

Over-under for Austin could be pick 15 | ProFootballTalk

Someone's gonna be smart enough to want this guy. Hopefully it's us. If not then hopefully someone is willing to back up the truck for him. I think we should bring him in for a private workout even if we're genuinely not interested just to scare teams. Like the RAMS, 49ERS, and VIKINGS.

While I recognize that Austin is a phenomenal player i do not think he will hold up physically in the NFL. Sure, he will make some plays for his team but one big hit and that's a wrap. The dude is 5'8, 173 lbs....sure, Sproles is 5'6, 190 and is a RB but we didn't pay a first rounder for him. Using your 1st round pick on someone that size is too risky, particularly when you have greater needs.

Lots of teams want Austin. We are in prime position to either select him or have someone eager to trade up with us for him.

Over-under for Austin could be pick 15 | ProFootballTalk

Someone's gonna be smart enough to want this guy. Hopefully it's us. If not then hopefully someone is willing to back up the truck for him. I think we should bring him in for a private workout even if we're genuinely not interested just to scare teams. Like the RAMS, 49ERS, and VIKINGS.

This is a great idea...bring him in.

Did you check the link with the draft value chart?
NFL Draft Pick Trade Chart

At the minimum they would have to give up #25 and #52 to get close to our 1050 value for the #15 pick. If they really like Austin and want a difference maker in football games they will have to pay a premium to move up 10 spots to get him.

Sure did. Did you? Where are you making up the difference between the Vikes picks at a value of 1480 and our pick at 1050?

Really? Name 2 starting WR they can draft at #23 and #25. Tavon Austin is a game changer match up nightmare in todays NFL. He has legit 4.3 speed but the special thing about him is he actually runs nice routes and knows how to read defenses and find the open zones as a slot receiver. He plays RB against Oklahoma and rushes for 344 yards in one game. Some people are listing durability as a concern because of his size but he has not missed one game during his career playing at a major DI program.

DeAndre Hopkins (Clemson), Justin Hunter (Tennessee), Keenan Allen (Cal), Robert Woods (USC).

But to your point... do you REALLY thing ANY team would give up two #1s for a slot receiver coming out of college? Think about it. What slot receiver in the pros is worth two #1s? Do you know how many short/quick players come out of college and flame-out?

I know you love the guy but cmon bruh...

Its no secret the St. Louis Rams are desperately seeking a game changer on offense and most mocks have them taking Tavon Austin at #16. After trading Percy Harvin, the Vikings are also lacking a explosive offensive weapon at receiver and Austin would be a nice replacement for Harvin. According to the draft value chart, picks number #23 and #25 equal 1480 points. Our #15 pick is worth 1050 points.
NFL Draft Pick Trade Chart

Tavon Austin is like a quicker and faster Darren Sproles at the WR position. A game changer that defenses will have to game plan and adjust there defense to account for. His durabilty at his size is not a question for me since he has never missed a down of football in his career playing at a major division I program. If the Vikings want to jump in front of the Rams to draft him a 430 point difference should not matter. If none of our top rated Defensive players are on the board we should only switch spots with the Rams and pick up their second or take the Vikings #23 and #25. Otherwise we should draft Tavon Austin ourselves since Sproles is going to be turning 30 next year and will be UFA in 2015.

Has anyone else here ever wished they could give more than one red thumb for a post??

@Joe_Garcia49: RT “@EliNachmany: Reports indicate that the #49ers have interest in Tavon Austin; could trade with #Saints for No. 15 and nab the WR there.”

65481d1364738037-austin-draft-scenarios-sproles-trade-speculation-%2A%2Amerged%2A%2A-guy.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom