Austin draft scenarios/Sproles trade speculation (**MERGED**) (4 Viewers)

jokerface

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Its no secret the St. Louis Rams are desperately seeking a game changer on offense and most mocks have them taking Tavon Austin at #16. After trading Percy Harvin, the Vikings are also lacking a explosive offensive weapon at receiver and Austin would be a nice replacement for Harvin. According to the draft value chart, picks number #23 and #25 equal 1480 points. Our #15 pick is worth 1050 points.
http://www.mynfldraft.com/points.php

Tavon Austin is like a quicker and faster Darren Sproles at the WR position. A game changer that defenses will have to game plan and adjust there defense to account for. His durabilty at his size is not a question for me since he has never missed a down of football in his career playing at a major division I program. If the Vikings want to jump in front of the Rams to draft him a 430 point difference should not matter. If none of our top rated Defensive players are on the board we should only switch spots with the Rams and pick up their second or take the Vikings #23 and #25. Otherwise we should draft Tavon Austin ourselves since Sproles is going to be turning 30 next year and will be UFA in 2015.

Its no secret the St. Louis Rams are desperately seeking a game changer on offense and most mocks have them taking Tavon Austin at #16. After trading Percy Harvin, the Vikings are also lacking a explosive offensive weapon at receiver and Austin would be a nice replacement for Harvin. According to the draft value chart, picks number #23 and #25 equal 1480 points. Our #15 pick is worth 1050 points.
NFL Draft Pick Trade Chart

Tavon Austin is like a quicker and faster Darren Sproles at the WR position. A game changer that defenses will have to game plan and adjust there defense to account for. His durabilty at his size is not a question for me since he has never missed a down of football in his career playing at a major division I program. If the Vikings want to jump in front of the Rams to draft him a 430 point difference should not matter. If none of our top rated Defensive players are on the board we should only switch spots with the Rams and pick up their second or take the Vikings #23 and #25. Otherwise we should draft Tavon Austin ourselves since Sproles is going to be turning 30 next year and will be UFA in 2015.

-0% chance the Vikings give up two first rounders for one. You'd be doing well to get their 1st and 2nd.

In that scenario, you would likely see us swap spots on the third or fourth rounds to balance the points. I would prefer this scenario to the one floating around about dealing with the Niners.

"a quicker and faster Darren Sproles".... Huh? How much quicker and faster could Austin be?
That's like having an American Santa Claus that's fatter and much more red.

Draft Tavon Austin, trade Sproles in 2014

If none of the top rated Defensive players are available at #15 should we draft Tavon Austin and trade Sproles in 2014? Tavon Austin looks like a faster and quicker Darren Sproles at the WR/returner position. With Sproles turning 30 next year and being a UFA in 2015 should we consider trading him in 2014 since his cap hit will be 4.25 million next year and we will need to make some moves to have room under the cap to sign Jimmy Graham and other players.

No way in hell do we trade with the Vikings.
We all know where last's years mess got started.

In that scenario, you would likely see us swap spots on the third or fourth rounds to balance the points. I would prefer this scenario to the one floating around about dealing with the Niners.

Did you check the link with the draft value chart?
NFL Draft Pick Trade Chart

At the minimum they would have to give up #25 and #52 to get close to our 1050 value for the #15 pick. If they really like Austin and want a difference maker in football games they will have to pay a premium to move up 10 spots to get him.

No trade. How about we pick up austin?

Thats what I would do. If our top rated Defensive LB/lineman is not there I would take BPA and if its Austin I would have no problem drafting him and trading Sproles in 2014.

Im on the fence about this i would love to have him and sproles could give us at least a third but i wouldnt want to draft a wr in the first round epicially with our defense

9 minutes earlier you started a thread for us to trade down so that Minnesota could draft TA at 15. Are you ok buddy?

Yes if the Vikings will pay a premium for a difference maker and match up nightmare WR I would take #23 and #25 and trade with the Vikings. If the Vikings only wanted to give us #23 and their second round pick #52 then I would decline the offer and draft Tavon Austin to replace Sproles. I also said I would do this only if our top rated LB/DL player is not there at #15. Does that clear it up for you?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom