Autistic Girl Expresses Unimaginable Intelligence (1 Viewer)

Summed7

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vNZVV4Ciccg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This girl is amazing.

Yes, amazing indeed! Thanks for posting that!

I saw this video a couple of months ago. It is really amazing. The human brain is a strange and complex organ.

That girl is awesome. And if the world listens she will teach them that being different is not a bad thing. You rock, Carly. :9:

Wow. Such an amazing kid.

Remarkable story. I'd like to think I'd have the perseverance of those parents but i'm not sure. God bless all of them.

Wow. As a parent of a child who has autism (though high functioning and not nearly as severe) I'm just in awe. She is amazing. I also have abundance of respect and admiration for the father who stuck by her side and believed (there is no mention of the mother in the story, so I don't know if she's in the picture. But the same would apply for her if she is).

Hopefully what has been learned with her can be used to help other kids with autism.

:9:

Imagine locked inside your body, with no means to communicate with the outside world, and having so much to say. Imagine understanding all around you, yet no means to express yourself. Imagine suffering through agonizing pain and sensory overload and no means to let anyone know.

Truly remarkable and awe inspiring that the parent/parents of this amazing girl were able to see through all the doctors telling them she would never be able to communicate and actually see into their daughter's eyes a desire to come out. That she was able to finally "talk" to them had to be such an over whelming experience. As a parent, I couldn't imagine going through something like this.

Thanks Carly for inspiring us to never give up!

thanks for posting this, if i could give you rep i would in a heartbeat. such a great story and i love that the parents did what they thought was right by not giving up on their child.

I watched an awesome movie on Netflix about autistic folks and them striving to teach people that they are basically a slave to their own bodies. It's called Wretches and Jabberers, and I highly recommend it.

Wretches & Jabberers

The part where she said "Dear Dad, I love when you read to me, and I love that you believe in me. I know I&#8217;m not the easiest kid in the world. However you are always there for me, holding my hand and picking me up. I love you."

Yeah that part got to me, hard.

Wow, now I'm at a loss for words... amazing!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom