Avatar: The Last AirBender was the best Cartoon show I've ever seen... (1 Viewer)

SebaSaint

Indonesian Coon***
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I hope that the movie does it justice, I'm guarded because it's Shymalan though I do hope he get's it right and can put his career back on track with this film. Anyone else interested in it? I re-watched the entire series on Netflix streaming with my 6 year old daughter and she loved it, so now I have a valid excuse with my wife for going to watch it.... :9:

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
Pretty brutal reviews.
I wonder if Shyamalan's issue is the actors he chooses for his movies, and the fact that they are all - dull and boring. The Sixth Sense, which was his first film (correct me if I'm wrong), had a pretty good cast, and was well written, IMO.

Since then, he's produced the following jewels: Signs (which I actually like), starring Mel Gibson & Joaquin Phoenix, The Village, starring Phoenix again, while he was still at the beginning of his career, The Lady in the Water, which I couldn't even sit through 10 minutes of, The Happening, with Marky Mark, WTH was that movie? I may have missed a couple, but all these movies, even Signs, which I liked, were incredibly dull. It's like he sucks the life out of what could be a decent movie - I don't know. And now, these brutal reviews on Airbender = :facepalm:.

superlaser

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The Wild Wild West did suck, but Kline is a capable comedic actor when he isn't overselling it and the material is there. I just keep thinking of the Kevin Smith story about the producer he was saddled with when he was signed on to write the Nick Cage version of Superman. The producer wanted huge mechanical spiders to battle Superman. "Spiders are the most deadly killers in the insect kingdom."

He'd later work on Wild Wild West.
If Wild Wild West is the price we had to pay to avoid a Kevin Smith scripted Nic Cage Superman movie, it's well worth it. I honestly think that would be the cinematic equivalent of the ebola virus. Seriously, I think I'd rather watch a Twilight/Bad Shyamalan marathon than see that done to Superman.

d3cyph3r

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The bending seemed delayed as well, almost awkward. My son and I went at midnight and were just happy to see the movie on the big screen. My son really enjoyed it, but its easy to please a 6y/o.

Even though everyone is saying it is so bad, and it is pretty bad, I hope they complete the trilogy. I also hope they get a new director to save the trilogy as well.

Mojomajik9

Team Gleason
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
If Wild Wild West is the price we had to pay to avoid a Kevin Smith scripted Nic Cage Superman movie, it's well worth it. I honestly think that would be the cinematic equivalent of the ebola virus. Seriously, I think I'd rather watch a Twilight/Bad Shyamalan marathon than see that done to Superman.
A written by Kevin Smith and directed by Tim Burton Superman movie starring Nic Cage! Google Cage and Superman and you'll find an hilarious screen test pic of Cage in the Burton-inpsired Superman suit.

krazy9000

BRING THE WOOD!!
Reaction score
A written by Kevin Smith and directed by Tim Burton Superman movie starring Nic Cage! Google Cage and Superman and you'll find an hilarious screen test pic of Cage in the Burton-inpsired Superman suit.
I'm still not convinced that Nic Cage/Superman pic is real.

blasian

They're blue!
Reaction score
The bending seemed delayed as well, almost awkward. My son and I went at midnight and were just happy to see the movie on the big screen. My son really enjoyed it, but its easy to please a 6y/o.

Even though everyone is saying it is so bad, and it is pretty bad, I hope they complete the trilogy. I also hope they get a new director to save the trilogy as well.
Totally boycotting this movie. Hell, all the people I know that worked on the original series is boycotting it too. I want it to fail so M. Night can't do the 2 sequels he's thinking about. I think the world is ready for a reboot already. :D :D
From the same guy I posted above. He always provides good inside scoop with movies.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
The movie was just...

Gah.

Like it was a an edited down version of the REAL movie that was maybe twice as long as what we got. The pacing was horrid, the dialogue was tepid, and though I could tell the actors were doing all they could, there was no chance for any kind of character development. The movie just chugged along, leaving everyone in the dust that didn't already know about the movie.

Just...man. No wonder the movie's gotten a 6%.

St. Greatness

Tartar Sauce!!!
Reaction score
I saw it yesterday afternoon...and..it...is...AWFUL! It's on par with the Clash of the Titans remake horrible. There were so many inaccuracies with the movie. All Shyamalan had to do was copy what the creators of the series did and he would have been golden, but he didn't and failed miserably. I want to go into more detail, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone else that wants to see this abomination. I saw the 3-D version and it sucked in all 3 dimensions!

Shockmo

Shocking....isn't it?
Reaction score
spongebob, johnny quest .....avatar a distant third....i will see the movie tho.

OP
SebaSaint

SebaSaint

Indonesian Coon***
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I took my 6yo daughter to go see it as we're both massive fans of the show and my sister and her boyfriend tagged along. After the show I brought everyone back to my house to watch one episode of the cartoon to show that in 22 mins of animation, they had better character development, plot and actual life in the voice acting. I defended the source material despite the movie. I've been cheering Shyamalan all this time hoping he would get things back on track but man... he just killed it for me. I hope his career crashes and burns... that was awful.

St. Greatness

Tartar Sauce!!!
Reaction score
I took my 6yo daughter to go see it as we're both massive fans of the show and my sister and her boyfriend tagged along. After the show I brought everyone back to my house to watch one episode of the cartoon to show that in 22 mins of animation, they had better character development, plot and actual life in the voice acting. I defended the source material despite the movie. I've been cheering Shyamalan all this time hoping he would get things back on track but man... he just killed it for me. I hope his career crashes and burns... that was awful.
I was hoping for the same thing, but that all went down the drain rather quickly didn't it?

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
Pretty brutal reviews.
I wonder if Shyamalan's issue is the actors he chooses for his movies, and the fact that they are all - dull and boring. The Sixth Sense, which was his first film (correct me if I'm wrong), had a pretty good cast, and was well written, IMO.
And Unbreakable which also had good actors.

Maxp

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
After watching The Happening, I will NEVER watch another Shalamadingdong movie in my life. Sorry he ruined yet another movie. Why oh why do people give him money to make new films?

theicebox

Very Banned
Reaction score
I never watched the series
But yall say its great.
I might have to take a look at it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom