Avatar: The Last AirBender was the best Cartoon show I've ever seen... (1 Viewer)

SebaSaint

Indonesian Coon***
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I hope that the movie does it justice, I'm guarded because it's Shymalan though I do hope he get's it right and can put his career back on track with this film. Anyone else interested in it? I re-watched the entire series on Netflix streaming with my 6 year old daughter and she loved it, so now I have a valid excuse with my wife for going to watch it.... :9:

I hope that the movie does it justice, I'm guarded because it's Shymalan though I do hope he get's it right and can put his career back on track with this film. Anyone else interested in it? I re-watched the entire series on Netflix streaming with my 6 year old daughter and she loved it, so now I have a valid excuse with my wife for going to watch it.... :9:

My roommate and I are just now watching the whole thing thru beginning to end for the first time... I had seen most of the second season but nothing else. He hadnt seen any of it at all. We were watching it on Netflix on the XBOX live but it was too slow and buggy, so we just downloaded it on uTorrent. I am really excited for this movie and confident that Shyamalan will do it right. I don't know if I would say it is the best cartoon series I ever saw, but it is definetly in the conversation.

Yip Yip

I'm about to finish the first season.

the finish in the first season is great. The last book and ending to the series is Epic. I find the 2nd book to be more character and overall plot development, though still excellent.

My niece was over this weekend and was watching it, guess I should have checked it out... :scratch:

I have to say that I also loved the show and hope not to be disappointed by the movie. I hope the movie ties up the loose ends from the show (like what happened to Zuko's mom, Fire Lord Ozai, and Azula at the end of the series to name a few). The only thing I don't like is that the fire nation is Indian and everyone else is white. I don't have problems with either race, but I feel that the movie should be as accurate to the show as possible. Every kingdom was Chinese with the exception of the Water Tribe (who were based off of Inuits or some sort of Eskimo tribe).

Last edited:
The last few episodes made me wonder how they did Uncle Iroh's voice after Mako died. They either got a dead-on impersonator or some mighty fine soundboard work.

The last few episodes made me wonder how they did Uncle Iroh's voice after Mako died. They either got a dead-on impersonator or some mighty fine soundboard work.
Greg Baldwin did some great work filling in for Mako.

This series is definitely a contender for best animated series, but I'd put up Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Batman: The Animated Series, and Justice League Unlimited in the same tier.

I have always wanted to watch it but since it was episodic I never knew when to jump in and start. If they are all on Netflix, and now that I got my new whisper quiet sexbox360, I may do a marathon like I did for Seasons 1-5 of Lost.

My two favorite animated series are:

cowboy-bebop.jpg

and

robotech.jpg

Last edited:
I think it looks very good. I think I want to go catch it at midnight...

My roommate and I are just now watching the whole thing thru beginning to end for the first time... I had seen most of the second season but nothing else. He hadnt seen any of it at all. We were watching it on Netflix on the XBOX live but it was too slow and buggy, so we just downloaded it on uTorrent. I am really excited for this movie and confident that Shyamalan will do it right. I don't know if I would say it is the best cartoon series I ever saw, but it is definetly in the conversation.

I have netflix over xbox and have never had a problem with it being slow or buggy. it is probably your download speed. Mine is 10 gig down and 1 gig up. Check your speed, if you upgrade it you will see a big difference. I get the movies in hd with no lag, no chop, no slow down...looks like watching a dvd.

the finish in the first season is great. The last book and ending to the series is Epic. I find the 2nd book to be more character and overall plot development, though still excellent.

The final battles were definitely epic.

Before I had seen Avatar, Dragon Ball Z was the greatest series ever. But with Avatar's precise story arc and its delivery without all the filler that was in DBZ made it stand out above DBZ.

Though i really like the new DBZ Kai with out all the BS stare downs and filler. Fixed plot holes. New dialog. If they can keep all the plot holes closed I'll have to tip my hat to DBZ Kai, but as of now Avatar has to be #1. My favorite character is Uncle Iroh.

The final battles were definitely epic.

Before I had seen Avatar, Dragon Ball Z was the greatest series ever. But with Avatar's precise story arc and its delivery without all the filler that was in DBZ made it stand out above DBZ.

Though i really like the new DBZ Kai with out all the BS stare downs and filler. Fixed plot holes. New dialog. If they can keep all the plot holes closed I'll have to tip my hat to DBZ Kai, but as of now Avatar has to be #1. My favorite character is Uncle Iroh.

I completely agree though I left Dragon Ball behind in College, Z was one of my favorites. I'll have to check out Kai when I get a chance.... years from now.

Nice to see I'm not the only Saints fan that likes that show.

Wish there'd been more shown about Iroh as a young person, like about his Spirit World journey.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom