Avenatti and Jussie Smolletts Lawyer Arrested for Attempting to Extort Nike (1 Viewer)

MTDB1983

Very Banned
Reaction score

Kind of makes you wonder about the whole Stormy Daniels thing.

Not to mention, his co-conspirator was none other than the same guy representing Jussie Smollett.

Last edited:

Not to mention, his co-conspirator was none other than the same guy representing Jussie Smollett.

He’s a slime-ball, always was. But it doesn’t really bear on “the Stormy Daniels thing”, he wasn’t her lawyer when they executed the hush payment and confidentiality agreement. And those details have all been confirmed by Michael Cohen, including copies of the payment checks.

I think she only hired him when she decided to sue in 2018.

He’s a slime-ball, always was. But it doesn’t really bear on “the Stormy Daniels thing”, he wasn’t her lawyer when they executed the hush payment and confidentiality agreement. And those details have all been confirmed by Michael Cohen, including copies of the payment checks.

I think she only hired him when she decided to sue in 2018.

In your opinion, who all does this damage beyond Avenatti and Smollett’s lawyer? Smollett at all?

In your opinion, who all does this damage beyond Avenatti and Smollett’s lawyer? Smollett at all?

I don’t see how it damages any of the clients (if there’s no allegations that they were engaging in the same tactics on their behalf).

Smollett is already pretty damaged by his own doing - he didn’t need a lawyer for that. And Daniels is what she is. I don’t see how it relates to them at all. At least based on the allegations.

I don’t see how it damages any of the clients (if there’s no allegations that they were engaging in the same tactics on their behalf).

Smollett is already pretty damaged by his own doing - he didn’t need a lawyer for that. And Daniels is what she is. I don’t see how it relates to them at all. At least based on the allegations.

Would it do any sort of PR damage to CNN who had Geragos as their Legal Analyst?

He is a good foil to Trump, but not because he is a good person.

Would it do any sort of PR damage to CNN who had Geragos as their Legal Analyst?

I don’t know - it always tricky when these media outlets get these wild-eyed “celebrity lawyers” to give their views on the news shows.

Alan Dershowitz has been on every channel, most recently a regular on Fox News - he’s been implicated in the Epstein sex trafficking matter.

I don’t think it really means that much for the networks. Just get a different legal analyst.

I don’t know - it always tricky when these media outlets get these wild-eyed “celebrity lawyers” to give their views on the news shows.

Alan Dershowitz has been on every channel, most recently a regular on Fox News - he’s been implicated in the Epstein sex trafficking matter.

Fox News and CNN are both abhorrent. It doesn’t surprise me one bit.

Why would it make you wonder about something completely unrelated to this?

This guy seems pretty smart and could have probably made millions legally but chose to be a criminal.

From the article.

In the California case, Avenatti faces up to 50 years in prison, while in the New York case, the charges carry a potential penalty of 47 years in prison.

Fox News and CNN are both abhorrent. It doesn’t surprise me one bit.

My point is that I don’t think that having a guest analyst on your network is some kind of endorsement of all things relating to that person. Most of the time, the really good lawyers aren’t bothering to go on national TV to talk about cases that they don’t really know that much about. I think it takes a certain personality - though many of them are fairly solid.

I think what happens with this kind of thing (Avenetti and Geragos) is that their egos get so big that they think they have this kind of power to control public opinion - when really they don’t . Those kinds of threats from a lawyer are totally inappropriate in any context, but trying to pull that crap on a heavy hitter like Nike is just idiotic.

We’re seeing a similar situation with the Jeff Bezos thing. The National Inquirer associate general counsel appears to have made threats to Jeff Bezos and attempted to use “destruction to public image” as leverage to push a settlement is just shady business. There it’s a bit different as it involved the attorney’s client’s interest and not direct financial gain for the attorney - it’s still just shady stuff that quality lawyers avoid.

I still don't know what we're supposed to be wondering about Stormy Daniels ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom