Avengers 4: Endgame - Trailers, excitement, spoiler free movie reactions, discussion (Note: Warning! Now with spoilers, no tags!) (4 Viewers)

I reckon they didn't want the Carol at the end of this trailer to have any "overlap" with the post credits scene.

Definitely this. You don't want to give away the ending before the ending comes in the main feature.

But of course, they could have left off the ending of the trailer, nothing else in there would have taken away from the CM movie.

I reckon they didn't want the Carol at the end of this trailer to have any "overlap" with the post credits scene.
Kinda like how Black Panther dies in IW, but we know they're already planning on Black Panther 2?

Kinda like how Black Panther dies in IW, but we know they're already planning on Black Panther 2?

Spiderman too. I dunno, maybe it was just a timing issue. But I do agree, would have been nice to see an EG trailer at the CM showing.

Spiderman too. I dunno, maybe it was just a timing issue. But I do agree, would have been nice to see an EG trailer at the CM showing.

I don’t think it’s the exact same. If you’re sitting down to watch CM, do you want the first time you see her with the Avengers to be in a trailer before the movie?

53478416_10156999835482488_2938921802824417280_n.jpg

Thor and his lazy eye always looking the wrong way ?.... over here buddy!
Outside of her epic blasts, her other main power is to be able to travel at or near the speed of light (they didn't specify, but I assume she can) and she made the Skrull ship travel at the speed of light with her. So, I think her main purpose is to "get the band back together". Clearly she'll do more than just that, but I think that's her main purpose in the story. I don't think she's delivering a kill shot to Thanos. I think they'll keep her occupied with other things, like they often did with Vision, Thor, Hulk. They often get the crowd control stuff.
The space traveling is one thing I've tried not to bother myself with. Spaceships from GOTG, Thor, and Captain Marvel movies must have some tech that allows interdimensional travel. Even at the speed of light, the Guardians aren't making it back and forth from Xandar and Knowhere, the Maw isn't abducting Strange in a days time, and Ronan and his Kree ships don't just show up in C53's atmosphere that quickly. Thor uses the bifrost but Thanos shows up immediately after Asgard is destroyed, and that's before acquiring the space stone. The Guardians did space jump in GOTG2 but this wasn't explained in their other travels.
xfuunsI.gif

Dr Strange explicitly uses interdimensional travel but we are left to work out the physics of everyone else's space uberism to ourselves.

I assume we are to assume that all the MCU matters are happening within our own galaxy, because intergalactic travel would take 25,000 light years. Even if Captain Marvel can transport herself and others at the speed of light, the nearest solar system is 4 light years away. This could explain her time away with the Skrulls, but not how she managed to travel back to C53 following the snap, or how she could possibly transport the Avengers to Titan 2. Then we are left to assume that either the MCU events are taking place within our solar system (which would mean they aren't really the guardians of the "galaxy") or that there in an unspoken method of interdimensional travel.

And that's what I'm going with, because it's still real to me, dammit.

But like I said, the space traveling is one thing I don't really bother myself with.

and then 3 seconds after that image he uses the gauntlet (space stone) to disappear. At worst he sets the stones in a new gauntlet. The infinity stones are not going anywhere.

He uses more than the space stone. You can see 3-4 of the stones lit up a little bit, not as bright as before because they are damaged. Plus when he uses them you can see the stones colors surge to his chest and then Stormbreaker stays there while he teleports away. Then his chest is healed. He used more than one stone after the snap.

Thor and his lazy eye always looking the wrong way ?.... over here buddy!

The space traveling is one thing I've tried not to bother myself with. Spaceships from GOTG, Thor, and Captain Marvel movies must have some tech that allows interdimensional travel. Even at the speed of light, the Guardians aren't making it back and forth from Xandar and Knowhere, the Maw isn't abducting Strange in a days time, and Ronan and his Kree ships don't just show up in C53's atmosphere that quickly. Thor uses the bifrost but Thanos shows up immediately after Asgard is destroyed, and that's before acquiring the space stone. The Guardians did space jump in GOTG2 but this wasn't explained in their other travels.
xfuunsI.gif

Dr Strange explicitly uses interdimensional travel but we are left to work out the physics of everyone else's space uberism to ourselves.

I assume we are to assume that all the MCU matters are happening within our own galaxy, because intergalactic travel would take 25,000 light years. Even if Captain Marvel can transport herself and others at the speed of light, the nearest solar system is 4 light years away. This could explain her time away with the Skrulls, but not how she managed to travel back to C53 following the snap, or how she could possibly transport the Avengers to Titan 2. Then we are left to assume that either the MCU events are taking place within our solar system (which would mean they aren't really the guardians of the "galaxy") or that there in an unspoken method of interdimensional travel.

And that's what I'm going with, because it's still real to me, dammit.

But like I said, the space traveling is one thing I don't really bother myself with.

The GoTG are the only ones that show jump gates until Captain Marvel. In that, you see the Kree ships "jump" into our space and back out. They even show the honey comb holes. So, Jumping is clearly established, but you can only go so far so fast. That's the point of the light speed engine, to not have to rely on jump gates alone. Also, they called it the light speed engine, not 1X light speed. For all we know, it's like 10X the speed of light or more. But yeah, physics be damned, they're not going to get all Star Trek mathy on us and be literal that it would take months to get from A to B.

It could also be as simple as them getting a Quinn Jet and Danver's making it be a space craft with faster propulsion. Dunno. I still think that aspect of her abilities are the story point. Not her just being a giant ray gun.

Dont forget Banner in age of Ultron when there about to upload Jarvis/Vision into the cradle or whatever they called it. Banners line was "Im in a loop. Im in a time loop,this is where it all goes wrong" or something of that nature.

Dont forget Banner in age of Ultron when there about to upload Jarvis/Vision into the cradle or whatever they called it. Banners line was "Im in a loop. Im in a time loop,this is where it all goes wrong" or something of that nature.

He says that but I will be surprised if that ties into Dr. Strange/Endgame.

It seems much more likely that he was talking about he and Tony’s mad scientist escapades burning them over and over again.

Honestly, if Banner WAS aware of a time loop and the threat of Thanos, then he did a really crappy job preparing for what was coming.

He says that but I will be surprised if that ties into Dr. Strange/Endgame.

It seems much more likely that he was talking about he and Tony’s mad scientist escapades burning them over and over again.

Honestly, if Banner WAS aware of a time loop and the threat of Thanos, then he did a really crappy job preparing for what was coming.

Is this how we do spoilers now? I thought I was going blind for a second :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom