Avengers 4: Endgame - Trailers, excitement, spoiler free movie reactions, discussion (Note: Warning! Now with spoilers, no tags!) (1 Viewer)

So my flippant comment has really taken off lol. It was not meant to be taken literal, but I love the dialogue.

Nope. There are better ways of fixing the underlying "problem.

First of all half is an arbitrary number. Earth might be able to go with 3.5 billion people, but other places may need more population (Asgard?)

And what about all the places he already took half from by the sword? They lose another half.

But forget all that. Let's just discuss Earth. Let's further assume that we're better off with 3.5 billion people. By indiscriminately wiping out half, you're killing a lot more than half. What about the deaths from drivers and pilots vanishing and dooming their passengers? Parents killed dooming their babies/pets. The resulting famine and chaos, the anarchy and looting.

It's a crap plan formulated by the lowest form of thinking.

Here's something better. Sterilize half the population. Same result (one generation away). Or sterilize everyone and people can petition for "undoing" it by demonstrating financial/mental competence. Look, it's not perfect, or even good, but anything short of compete eradication is better than a random half.
jesus what a pessimist, try looking on the positive side of things

like only half the people to compete with at the buffet line

I will take that job!

He didn't say half of each life-form though did he?

It could have gone swimmingly had all of the mosquitoes, ticks, and chiggers vanished.

Nope. There are better ways of fixing the underlying "problem.

First of all half is an arbitrary number. Earth might be able to go with 3.5 billion people, but other places may need more population (Asgard?)

And what about all the places he already took half from by the sword? They lose another half.

But forget all that. Let's just discuss Earth. Let's further assume that we're better off with 3.5 billion people. By indiscriminately wiping out half, you're killing a lot more than half. What about the deaths from drivers and pilots vanishing and dooming their passengers? Parents killed dooming their babies/pets. The resulting famine and chaos, the anarchy and looting.

It's a crap plan formulated by the lowest form of thinking.

Here's something better. Sterilize half the population. Same result (one generation away). Or sterilize everyone and people can petition for "undoing" it by demonstrating financial/mental competence. Look, it's not perfect, or even good, but anything short of compete eradication is better than a random half.

It's definitely lazy thinking, one could just double the resources. I mean you have a magical glove, create unending cauldrons for every planet that has the materials the planet and surrounding area has including food. Crisis averted.

On the funny side, I'm seeing A TON of videos on how apparently none of the other actors like Brie Larson. In several interviews, there are major vibes going out.

On the funny side, I'm seeing A TON of videos on how apparently none of the other actors like Brie Larson. In several interviews, there are major vibes going out.

There were a few rumors before Captain Marvel came out that there were bad vibes between her and most of the other cast members. Basically all of them boiled down to some version of you've got this group of people who've been building camaraderie and friendship over the last decade creating this cinematic universe and she rolled into the Endgame set acting like she was the hot new sheet, which rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

At the time I kind of dismissed those rumors because there was a lot of bad sentiment towards her after the "no white dudes at press junkets" thing and people were making things up left and right to discredit her and the movie. But since then, I've seen cast interactions via press in which there are unmistakable signals being sent and heard other stories from less biased sources that, at the very least, make me think she hasn't fit in very well and that there may be some meat on the bone to the story.

yea I've been seeing these videos pop up on my youtube feed and checked out a few

it seems pretty clear that she is a head case and the other cast members are uncomfortable with her

and this is coming from someone who enjoyed the Captain Marvel film and though Larson's acting was good

looks like we may be headed for another Norton-Ruffalo or Howard-Cheadle type swap, which would be huge, because we haven't seen a change like that since phase 1

Interesting. I hadn’t heard about any of that.

I guess the good news is that while it hasn’t been necessary in a while, Marvel handled both actor switches pretty well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom