Avengers 4: Endgame - Trailers, excitement, spoiler free movie reactions, discussion (Note: Warning! Now with spoilers, no tags!) (4 Viewers)

I don't think that's proof. It's good business to say everyone gets along.

I'm no Brie Larson hater and certainly couldn't care less about her cultural opinions. However, in the video with Hemsworth, it was abundantly clear he wasn't fond of her. The body language, scoffs, the roll of the eyes... it was really clear. I haven't seen any other videos, but that one was downright uncomfortable to watch.

Live Red Carpet premiere, just started 15 minutes ago.

I get it. I've seen them too. I acknowledge it's probably not all rainbows and butterflies. But I don't think there's some cast-destroying bad chemistry at play from a movie she filmed, what, two years ago (because she filmed her Endgame role before Captain Marvel)? For that to be the case, for them to be hanging on to that bad will after this time, she would've had to have been a total nightmare to work with, and we'd have heard about it before now. I think there's some "new kid in class" syndrome because she got dropped in at the very end with a group that's been together for a decade. She probably doesn't fit super great with the established gang. And add that stuff to being weeks deep into a pretty thorough press cycle, getting asked the same questions in a tiny room with the same people day after day. I don't think that means anybody hates anybody. They're professionals.

I get it. I've seen them too. I acknowledge it's probably not all rainbows and butterflies. But I don't think there's some cast-destroying bad chemistry at play from a movie she filmed, what, two years ago (because she filmed her Endgame role before Captain Marvel)? For that to be the case, for them to be hanging on to that bad will after this time, she would've had to have been a total nightmare to work with, and we'd have heard about it before now. I think there's some "new kid in class" syndrome because she got dropped in at the very end with a group that's been together for a decade. She probably doesn't fit super great with the established gang. And add that stuff to being weeks deep into a pretty thorough press cycle, getting asked the same questions in a tiny room with the same people day after day. I don't think that means anybody hates anybody. They're professionals.

I tend to agree with this. If Larson really were causing problems, Disney/Marvel/Feige would nip this in the bud. Sometimes there's friction. It happens when you have a lot of different personalities in a stage as big as this is. Hopefully Larson is smart enough to figure out what her role is and work within that scope, but if she's being silly about it, Marvel has replaced key characters before, and done it quite well. We'll see I guess.

I think the issue is she comes off as a bit of a buzz kill. She's that person at the party that takes too much stuff seriously or gets offended too easy so you start watching everything you say. Then you start denying people are getting together because you don't want them there being a wet blanket. We've all had that one friend or acquaintance.

Only it's a press tour, and they have to be there because the world knows it's happening and you can't pretend it's not. :LOL:

It's fine. There's nothing wrong with her, I don't think. They are just a bunch of really fun loving easy going folks and she's not a good "fit" with them socially. She seems to be a great fit professionally and I've never heard a single complaint about her on set.

Ok so this is pretty good stuff. A group of really good YouTube video essay creators got together and made "One Marvelous Scene" where each of them analyze a scene from a Marvel movie. I've watched a few and they are really good. The one about Spiderman with Peter and Adrian in the car on the way to prom is great (created by Lessons from the Screenplay which is a great channel for movie essays). And the one about GotG 2 and Yondu's funeral is too. Just a great way to get a little more hyped for Endgame. I tried to put a link to the series of videos, but it just lets me post the first video. So if you click the YouTube at the bottom (watch on YouTube) it will take you to the page with all 10 videos:

He does one about the return of the Red Skull. Haven't watched that one yet. A lot of good channels in this - Captain Midnight, HiTop Films, Just Write, and the ones we've already mentioned.
This is an impressive dive into some great scenes. And not just obvious scenes but the character driven ones that make these movies so good.

First social media reactions from critics hit late last night after the premiere. Very positive. The only negative thing I read was from Jeff Sneider, who called “the first two hours...mediocre” before saying the last hour was “mind-blowing.” Generally, the takes I’ve read have been very effusive. First reviews and the Rotten Tomatoes score will hit this afternoon. If you’re like me and you’ve stayed unspoiled to this point, 1) congratulations, and 2) beyond MAYBE checking out a couple reviews from critics you trust, this is the time to go absolutely dark when it comes to this movie, because people will start spoiling in places you wouldn’t expect.

First social media reactions from critics hit late last night after the premiere. Very positive. The only negative thing I read was from Jeff Sneider, who called “the first two hours...mediocre” before saying the last hour was “mind-blowing.” Generally, the takes I’ve read have been very effusive. First reviews and the Rotten Tomatoes score will hit this afternoon. If you’re like me and you’ve stayed unspoiled to this point, 1) congratulations, and 2) beyond MAYBE checking out a couple reviews from critics you trust, this is the time to go absolutely dark when it comes to this movie, because people will start spoiling in places you wouldn’t expect.
I don't even care for these kind of reviews at this point, or what RDJ said about the last 8 minutes or whatever. I'll make up my mind for myself. I'm going dark til Thursday. Kept the kids home from school today to finish our MCU marathon, because you know, priorities and good parenting. Peace out, see yall Thurs night.

Like others have said, the body language from those interviews doesnt like. There's something there.
I wonder if it's more of a personal issue between Hemsworth and Larson. She is an American third-wave feminist, he is an Australian "man's man" who likely believes in traditional gender roles and such. I can see potential for mutual disrespect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom