Avengers 4: Endgame - Trailers, excitement, spoiler free movie reactions, discussion (Note: Warning! Now with spoilers, no tags!) (2 Viewers)

It is lining up with my theory on Captain Marvel's usage in the film. And that is probably a good thing.

All of the black & white tinged with red in the first half of the trailer was interesting.. Hints to anything? Or just cinematic?

53478416_10156999835482488_2938921802824417280_n.jpg

So MCU has earned my trust. Even the "lesser" movies have at least been entertaining. But I still can't quite put together how this one will work. Infinity War had a motivated Thanos, 4 powerful minions, and an army of monsters. There was plenty of room for action.

Thanos is retired, his minions are all dead, and even if they weren't, there's nothing to fight for anymore. Where are the battles going to come from? Are they all just going to go beat up a tired, unpowered Thanos? Are they going to go back in time and refight the battles we've already gone through, but with the help of our new Mary Sue? It just seems like the battles we're emotionally invested in have occurred and there's no one left to fight. Does that make sense?

So MCU has earned my trust. Even the "lesser" movies have at least been entertaining. But I still can't quite put together how this one will work. Infinity War had a motivated Thanos, 4 powerful minions, and an army of monsters. There was plenty of room for action.

Thanos is retired, his minions are all dead, and even if they weren't, there's nothing to fight for anymore. Where are the battles going to come from? Are they all just going to go beat up a tired, unpowered Thanos? Are they going to go back in time and refight the battles we've already gone through, but with the help of our new Mary Sue? It just seems like the battles we're emotionally invested in have occurred and there's no one left to fight. Does that make sense?

I have wondered how they can top IW. It's a tall order, but Marvel has been superb at telling a story, so I'm sure they'll find a way.

What's most noticeable to me is the absence of Captain Marvel in the trailer. It seems this will be more about the Avengers overall and not as much about CM. I'm curious what her actual role will be though, especially considering we just got her stand alone film a few weeks ago.

Also, not a peep from Thanos in the trailer. :scratch:

What's most noticeable to me is the absence of Captain Marvel in the trailer. It seems this will be more about the Avengers overall and not as much about CM. I'm curious what her actual role will be though, especially considering we just got her stand alone film a few weeks ago.

Also, not a peep from Thanos in the trailer. :scratch:
She's in the trailer.

I really believe there's going to be a new enemy and in fighting that enemy the Avengers will learn there's a chance to reverse the snap. Someone that follows Antman back from the Quantum Realm maybe? If the QR is going to be the stand-in for the Negative Zone in the MCU Annihilus would fit the bill.

I don't think Thanos is the main bad guy in this. Just a hunch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom