Avengers 4: Endgame - Trailers, excitement, spoiler free movie reactions, discussion (Note: Warning! Now with spoilers, no tags!) (2 Viewers)

Bad comparison.

Fox just named a character Deadpool. There was nothing Deadpool about him. This would as if the MCU named a regular looking guy Hulk and didn't make him strong, green or angry. That didn't happen. We got a Hulk.

You are incorrect but just made my point. It was definitely Deadpool, he was created from the Weapon X program using Wolverine's healing ability and Fox botched his representation. That's EXACTLY the problem.

Ryan Reynolds’s first appearance as the “Merc With a Mouth” wasn’t in 2016’s Deadpool. Reynolds actually popped up in the climactic scene at the end of 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine as the merc with no mouth. Literally: He wears a surgically sealed fleshy mess over the lower half of his face. In other words, the singularly distinguishing factor about the iconic character — Deadpool’s ability to sling self-deprecating quips, the fourth-wall-breaking one-liners, the profanity-laced cracks — was a non-consideration for his cinematic debut.

In fact, every iconic characteristic of the Deadpool you know now was once dismissed with such a blatant disdain for the source material that the comic-book-fan community couldn’t help but see it as a raised middle claw.
it's like you guys can't see the forest for the trees. It doesn't HAVE to be ALL or NOTHING. They have veered far enough off-course that it's not the true Hulk and Hulk fans see it and didn't like it. His MAJOR characteristics are that he is:

Green
Powerful
Strong
Angry
Healing factor makes him nigh indestructible
Gets stronger, the angrier he gets and his healing factor speeds up the angrier he gets.

So, in a movie with the biggest battle in Marvel history, you get absolutely zero percent Hulk Smash. What you get is a crippled Hulk and after watching the movie again, when they finally showed him in battle he was dodging for his life from the sky fire. LMAOOOOOOOOOO. They did everything they could to botch this.

There are many characteristics the comic Hulk has that MCU hulk just doesn't touch. Even watching the Ang Lee atrocity, where they made the Hulk pass out by bringing him up to a high altitude, the Hulk doesn't really need to breathe as his body produces somes sort of internal oxygenation, which allows him to survive in space and walk the ocean floor if he wants. But I get it, you don't WANT to get it. But others do. Like how after Black Widow's death, all you get is Banner Hulk throwing a bench. LOL. Just so stupid.

So, in a movie with the biggest battle in Marvel history, you get absolutely zero percent Hulk Smash. What you get is a crippled Hulk and after watching the movie again, when they finally showed him in battle he was dodging for his life from the sky fire. LMAOOOOOOOOOO. They did everything they could to botch this.

There are many characteristics the comic Hulk has that MCU hulk just doesn't touch. Even watching the Ang Lee atrocity, where they made the Hulk pass out by bringing him up to a high altitude, the Hulk doesn't really need to breathe as his body produces somes sort of internal oxygenation, which allows him to survive in space and walk the ocean floor if he wants. But I get it, you don't WANT to get it. But others do. Like how after Black Widow's death, all you get is Banner Hulk throwing a bench. LOL. Just so stupid.
No, we get it. We just don't care because we accept there will be differences between Comics Hulk and MCU Hulk. An indestructible Hulk makes the film boring. A god-like Thor with his head on straight makes the film boring. Captain Marvel hanging around planet Earth and greet Thanos makes the film boring. A Hulk that is wounded by the very things that created the universe (Hmmm... kinda powerful, no?) creates suspense. A Thor that is mentally ****ed up over not being able to stop The Snap, losing every member of his family and half the people he is sworn to protect/lead creates suspense. Captain Marvel being who knows where creates suspense.

You throw in a fully powered Hulk with all of his strength, healing ability, etc into the mix and you can delete 60 minutes of the film. This really shouldn't be so difficult to understand.

I'm not going to get too deep into the back and forth, but I think the MCU has done great with Hulk, except the Russos.

They had Hulk in 2 of their movies. There was no Hulk Smash in either. Yes, there was the gauntlet moment, which was great, but from a fighting standpoint in 5.5 hours of the Russos having Hulk available on film, we got to see him get his butt kicked by Thanos. That's it from an action standpoint. The most damage he did was to a bench.

It's clear they either had no real interest in the character and just had to have him in the movies or just didn't know how to really use him in a fight. It is a bit odd for the "Strongest Avenger".

lol @ "we don't get it"

it's pretty obvious that comic book nerdom is :mad: that Hulk got nerfed so that the story can be more interesting for us bandwagon superhero fans

No, we get it. We just don't care because we accept there will be differences between Comics Hulk and MCU Hulk. An indestructible Hulk makes the film boring. A god-like Thor with his head on straight makes the film boring. Captain Marvel hanging around planet Earth and greet Thanos makes the film boring. A Hulk that is wounded by the very things that created the universe (Hmmm... kinda powerful, no?) creates suspense. A Thor that is mentally ****ed up over not being able to stop The Snap, losing every member of his family and half the people he is sworn to protect/lead creates suspense. Captain Marvel being who knows where creates suspense.

You throw in a fully powered Hulk with all of his strength, healing ability, etc into the mix and you can delete 60 minutes of the film. This really shouldn't be so difficult to understand.
He didn't have to be fully powered. Did you watch the videos? They talked about the missed opportunities to see the Hulk be the Hulk even without him being super fully powered. Again, I don't think you get it.

Earlier in the article I listed a few posts up, the guy talked about watching this Hulk in IW and EG being akin to watching a Superman movie where Clark Kent saves the day.

He didn't have to be fully powered. Did you watch the videos? They talked about the missed opportunities to see the Hulk be the Hulk even without him being super fully powered. Again, I don't think you get it.

Earlier in the article I listed a few posts up, the guy talked about watching this Hulk in IW and EG being akin to watching a Superman movie where Clark Kent saves the day.
None of that changes anything I said. You just feel it is important that Hulk smashes stuff anf heals quick. I do not feel that is important.

I'm not going to get too deep into the back and forth, but I think the MCU has done great with Hulk, except the Russos.

They had Hulk in 2 of their movies. There was no Hulk Smash in either. Yes, there was the gauntlet moment, which was great, but from a fighting standpoint in 5.5 hours of the Russos having Hulk available on film, we got to see him get his butt kicked by Thanos. That's it from an action standpoint. The most damage he did was to a bench.

It's clear they either had no real interest in the character and just had to have him in the movies or just didn't know how to really use him in a fight. It is a bit odd for the "Strongest Avenger".
Thank you. It's pretty obvious. It's been like a little like watching a movie about folks in space and in the movie the Earth is flat then arguing with flat Earthers. Lolol. You get it. Have a good day, bro.

and you can delete 60 minutes of the film.

I concur. :hihi:

I watched the movie last night. I was entertained, I guess, but the movie was just too damn long, too touchy-feely, and the climatic battle, meh. The scenes cut and move way too fast so you don't notice the CGI.

The Russo's reading the negative comments.

Marvel/Disney

The Transformers movies made a lot of money, too. :hihi:

Making money doesn't mean every or even most creative decisions were the best ones you can make. The 1972 Dolphins called some bad plays. It just means you were right more than you were wrong (unless you're Michael Bay, then it means you made a deal with the Devil).

Other people get it and are actually writing articles about it.

I'm sorry, but none of these are reliable sources on the character, particularly cosmicnews, who does clickbait like we breathe air.

My thoughts exactly.

lol @ "we don't get it"

it's pretty obvious that comic book nerdom is :mad: that Hulk got nerfed so that the story can be more interesting for us bandwagon superhero fans

This comic book nerd is not P'Oed in any shape or form.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom