Avengers 4: Endgame - Trailers, excitement, spoiler free movie reactions, discussion (Note: Warning! Now with spoilers, no tags!) (2 Viewers)

I can understand why people who are fans of Hulk wouldn't have liked his portrayal in the movie but I still thought he was fine. In fact the only part of the movie that I think was completely unnecessary was the taco scene with Hulk and Ant-Man. In fact I just realized something, that scene has Rocket ask Ant-Man where Hulk is, then Rhodey shows up and scares him. Then Hulk walks out with tacos and keeps walking. So why didn't Rocket talk to Hulk as he walked by seeing as how he literally just asked where he was?
Dayum. You're right. I sorta noticed it before but found myself laughing at the Hulk giving him tacos ?.

I actually enjoyed that part. I need to go see it again. It's so jam packed for a 3 hour movie and it didn't feel like 3 hours at all tbh.
I also initially didn't catch the insult combo of "Normal Sized Man" from Rhodey and "Pissant" from Tony. I heard Nebula's comment warning Rhodey about an idiot being in the landing zone and Rhodey's subsequent comment but didn't catch the tie-in with Stark at first.

Wow.

So after reading the last few pages I'm not gonna disclose the reasons this was not among my favorite Marvel movies here.

I will just say this, 20 minutes before the movie started I was asked what I thought would happen. I had no prior knowledge whatsoever and just blurted out, Captain Marvel will show up, they kick Thanos' arse, and that's the first 20 minutes. The rest is trying to bring everyone back. I may have spoiled the movie for myself.

Also, I want to address the Russos' monday morning quarterbacking certain things. I think their Hulk explanation from IW was BS and I think them claiming Cap was always "worthy" to lift Mjolnir but faked it in AoU for whatever reasons is complete and utter BS. It ruins the Vision moment and ruins Cap's path from then til now.

Wow.

So after reading the last few pages I'm not gonna disclose the reasons this was not among my favorite Marvel movies here.

I will just say this, 20 minutes before the movie started I was asked what I thought would happen. I had no prior knowledge whatsoever and just blurted out, Captain Marvel will show up, they kick Thanos' arse, and that's the first 20 minutes. The rest is trying to bring everyone back. I may have spoiled the movie for myself.

Also, I want to address the Russos' monday morning quarterbacking certain things. I think their Hulk explanation from IW was BS and I think them claiming Cap was always "worthy" to lift Mjolnir but faked it in AoU for whatever reasons is complete and utter BS. It ruins the Vision moment and ruins Cap's path from then til now.
I totally agree with the last part, but even Whedon has towed that line. I prefer the idea that Cap wasn't worthy because he withheld what he knew about Bucky from Tony. And, once that was cleared, Cap became worthy.

I forgot to add that I thought IW was darn near perfect (besides the Hulk stuff) and almost wish it would have just ended there.

Instead of the new characters getting snapped away, some of the originals do and the next phase is just them carrying on the tradition.

I forgot to add that I thought IW was darn near perfect (besides the Hulk stuff) and almost wish it would have just ended there.

Instead of the new characters getting snapped away, some of the originals do and the next phase is just them carrying on the tradition.

The Hulk stuff in IW would have been fine IF it would have paid off in EG. The fact that it didn't makes the Hulk stuff in IW feel wasted.

I totally agree with the last part, but even Whedon has towed that line. I prefer the idea that Cap wasn't worthy because he withheld what he knew about Bucky from Tony. And, once that was cleared, Cap became worthy.

It is interesting though. Watching that scene again. When Mjolnir moves a bit, Cap's grip slips on the handle. Then, he has this sorta odd look on his face like he's sorta faking. Then he has a cheesy grin when he's sitting on the couch later.

I dunno, it's fun to believe it either version.

It doesn't bother me which way is or isn't true. But it makes me re-watch that scene and adds depth that wasn't there before. I mean, there was some before. I already posted that gif. Thor's face in that moment Cap nudges the hammer is one of the best things in Marvel cinema history. I always laugh at it.

This is a good point. An in-movie explanation as to why Hulk refused to come out in IW was something that should have been covered.

I agree with this. I made wrong conclusions about why Hulk wouldn't come out, and I think that affected my view of Hulk in Endgame. That said, it may not have been a priority in IW. The problem is where in the movie would it really fit? And sometimes with these large, epic movies, the writers let the audience write between the lines, but more was needed in the case of Hulk.

Hulk not coming out is a big deal, and most thinking Hulk didn't come out because he got humiliated by Thanos like I did, were wrong because Hulk rather didn't like being solely used as some smash machine whenever Banner wanted. Those are two vastly different reasons and we needed a bit more information to bridge Hulk in IW and EG. We never did get the payoff though, and I can get being frustrated with that.

That said, maybe the payoff comes in a future Hulk movie. I hope that's the case.

I agree with this. I made wrong conclusions about why Hulk wouldn't come out, and I think that affected my view of Hulk in Endgame. That said, it may not have been a priority in IW. The problem is where in the movie would it really fit? And sometimes with these large, epic movies, the writers let the audience write between the lines, but more was needed in the case of Hulk.

Hulk not coming out is a big deal, and most thinking Hulk didn't come out because he got humiliated by Thanos like I did, were wrong because Hulk rather didn't like being solely used as some smash machine whenever Banner wanted. Those are two vastly different reasons and we needed a bit more information to bridge Hulk in IW and EG. We never did get the payoff though, and I can get being frustrated with that.

That said, maybe the payoff comes in a future Hulk movie. I hope that's the case.
The solution is obviously going to be in the black widow movie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom