Avengers game (1 Viewer)

It just feels half baked. The combat isn’t particularly fun and the loot system seems unnecessary. And the writing is pretty terrible. I think I will sit this one out.

Agreed. Been playing the Beta all morning and nothing makes me want to spend $60 on this. Really a shame because they could have made something really good

So after playing a while Black Widow is my favorite to play and Iron Man is my least favorite. But that's probably because I just can't get the hang of the flying. I'm always zooming right past the enemy I'm trying to attack. I like the grappling hook with Widow.

I really want to like this game. I think the writing is fine. I like the story, but we only got a little of it. The regular banter is just a bit too repetitive.

The motion blur for action is killing me. I have a plasma screen, so I almost never see motion blur. It has to be the game, for me to see it. It's unbearable how pixelated it gets. The combat is mushy, to say the least. Spiderman, the Arkham series were so much better.

I generally like Hulk and Ms Marvel. Iron Man is ok, but he's a bit wonky about when he does a move and then is suddenly hovering. It's a bit annoying. I need to play as Black Widow more.

I think the intro scene on the bridge was good. And the second part as Hulk felt a bit like Jedi fallen order. Which was as negative as I was going to go, until I got to the 'multiplayer' part of it. The multipayer, which I haven't gotten to work with another person, is just unbearable. It feels a lot like the Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda online stuff, which was more horde mode. I get these are missions, but they're almost horde modes, but standing on a zone or something.

I already pre-ordered it. Not sure if I can cancel. I may stick with it, just in the hope they fix it down the road.

It's pretty bad. The controls aren't great and the fighting is just button mashing. No real strategy or skill involved. Plus, all the characters feel more or less similar. The action on screen looks different, but fighting as Ms. Marvel, Thor, or The Hulk is basically the same and that shouldn't be. Black Widow and Ironman are a bit different, but not enough to make it compelling or interesting.

And the backgrounds and missions are just too generic. It's like they took a basic control scheme and environment from another game and just put Marvel skins on it.

And the biggest issue is that you just never feel like a superhero which is supposed to be the whole point of a game like this. Coming from just finishing Ghost of Tsushima, this was a terrible let down. I'm not paying money for this generic junk. I mean, even the base story is stolen from The Watchmen and The Incredibles.

And the really weird thing is that it's supposed to be a looter and I didn't even notice the loot. It just seemed like generic upgrades that you don't even notice and don't change anything.

Last edited:
this is a poorly made game with Avengers underoos slapped on to sell it...much like Jedi Fallen Order, it borrows ideas from other games and executes them half-assedly and then uses a pop culture icon to push it

this also isn't a beta....the game comes out in a few weeks...this is how it will be released

... I gotta decide if I'm gonna stick with it or cancel the pre-order..

their patch notes so far.

their patch notes so far.
Seems like they are listening to the complaints and trying to address them. Well at least as far as the motion blur and shaky cam. The looting system and combat is probably what it's going to be at this point.
Is the open Beta over though? It keeps saying I can't connect to Square Enix servers.

Seems like they are listening to the complaints and trying to address them. Well at least as far as the motion blur and shaky cam. The looting system and combat is probably what it's going to be at this point.
Is the open Beta over though? It keeps saying I can't connect to Square Enix servers.
It's only open on the weekends. So, it should be back up friday night. But I'll be out of town.

So, I didn't cancel it..

The story was pretty good. If I knew a bit more about other Marvel bad guys, I'd have already known where it was going though.

I didn't realize Kamala is also a current Ms. Marvel in the comics. So, a lot of this fits in with the comics world, and I wonder if they'll use some aspect of this in the Inhumans movie.

I'm only just about to start the online part of it, so we'll see. The motion blur and fuzziness still bugs me. And the end game had some bad vocals/subtitles issues where they changed the script, but didn't update the subtitles.

Also, some parts are just hard and don't have that Arkham Knight fluid combat feel.

I just can't have another loot based game on my menu....Destiny serves that purpose well enough and i can barely even look at that game right now....

I just can't have another loot based game on my menu....Destiny serves that purpose well enough and i can barely even look at that game right now....

I just can't find any motivation to pick Destiny back up right now. The loot has become useless and they seem to be doing nothing but bringing old stuff back anyway. Except without the former level of excellent content from D1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom