Avengers II (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
No working title yet, but rumors are out that the new script will include Ms Marvel and the two names that have popped up are Emily Blunt and Ruth Wilson. They have added The Falcon for sure (Anthony Mackie), who is also in the second Captain America film.

I also saw that Christopher Eccleston plays Malekith in the second Thor film. I'm unfamiliar with the character, but I love some Christopher Eccleston as the bad guy.

Then of course in Ironman 3, they're adding Guy Pearce (as <strike>Antman</strike> Aldrich Killian), Ben Kingsly (as the Mandarin) and James Badge Dale (as Eric Savin/Coldblood).

Just an impressive list of quality actors for a series of comic book films. Nice to see that they're continuing to pull out all of the stops and try and make each film better than the previous. Some interesting storylines developing as well.

The only real question left is "How will Joss Weedon sneak in Nathan Fillion?" :hihi:

That's a bunch of characters the general public at large doesn't know, unlike The Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, etc.

That's a bunch of characters the general public at large doesn't know, unlike The Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, etc.

Doesn't matter. They've established the brand. People will see it as long as its called Avengers and features the originals. Now they can expand. And Iron Man wasn't a commonly known character before that first movie, at least as far as the general "Superman, Batman, Spider-Man" general public is concerned.

They do have to be careful with overloading the movie with too many characters, but a hallmark of the Avengers is that there have typically been a ton of characters on the roster. And, based on the teaser at the end of The Avengers and the announcement that they're doing Guardians of the Galaxy, it looks like they'll be going full blown cosmic for the sequel. A big threat like that allows for more stuff to do for more characters.

And Whedon is great at handling ensembles. The first one easily could have failed to give each character the appropriate screen time, but he balanced it amazingly.

No working title yet, but rumors are out that the new script will include Ms Marvel and the two names that have popped up are Emily Blunt and Ruth Wilson. They have added The Falcon for sure (Anthony Mackie), who is also in the second Captain America film.

I also saw that Christopher Eccleston plays Malekith in the second Thor film. I'm unfamiliar with the character, but I love some Christopher Eccleston as the bad guy.

Then of course in Ironman 3, they're adding Guy Pearce (as Antman), Ben Kingsly (as the Mandarin) and James Badge Dale (as Eric Savin/Coldblood).

Just an impressive list of quality actors for a series of comic book films. Nice to see that they're continuing to pull out all of the stops and try and make each film better than the previous. Some interesting storylines developing as well.

The only real question left is "How will Joss Weedon sneak in Nathan Fillion?" :hihi:

I don't think Guy Pearce is playing Antman. He is playing a scientist named Aldrich Killian. I don't think they have cast anyone for Antman yet.

I don't think Guy Pearce is playing Antman. He is playing a scientist named Aldrich Killian. I don't think they have cast anyone for Antman yet.
You're right about Pierce. Killian is an existing character from the Extremis story line they are using as the base for the movie, and he described his part as closer to a cameo than a main character. Antman might be a natural place to sneak Nathan Fillion in, especially if the rumors that they're planning on including both Scott Land and Hank Pym from the start are true.

My money is on Emily Blunt getting the Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel gig. IIRC, she was actually offered Black Widow before Scarlett Johansson but there was a schedule conflict that made her turn it down.

EDIT: Double checked and yes, Blunt was the first choice for Widow but Fox blocked her from taking the job. She was also on the short list for Peggy Carter in Captain America.

Adding more characters almost always makes sequels worse, not better.
Almost, but how do you go on with the Marvel UNiverse without adding a character into the storyline here and there? Pretty much impossible. I have a lot of confidence in Joss Whedon with Stan Lee weilding veto power.

I hope Ms Marvel ISN'T in it and if she is I hope she's neither of the actresses listed above. I like them both but don't see either as Ms Marvel.

I hope Ms Marvel ISN'T in it and if she is I hope she's neither of the actresses listed above. I like them both but don't see either as Ms Marvel.
I think Blunt is an excellent actress who can pull off just about anything. Just look at how well she played against type in Looper. I do admit that neither of these actresses would have popped into my head immediately, though. My two picks are typically Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck or Anna Torv from Fringe, mostly because they're good, blonde, and might be willing to sign on long term for less money to break from TV into films. Remember, though, that hair dye is cheap.

Don't forget that, before she was Ms/Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was a major in the Air Force and an ace pilot and that in other versions she's been a SHIELD agent (Ultimate universe) and a SWORD (a version of SHIELD that deals with extraterrestrial threats) agent (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon). They may bring her in as plain jane Carol Danvers first.

I've never read any comics with "The Falcon" in it, but I immediately don't like him and hope he dies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom