Avery Young: Possible Right Guard Solution? (1 Viewer)

IMO Peat is still the future RT. People have put way to much into this left/right side issue with him. The issue at the time was he was good nowhere but he slowly developed as most players do and that just happen to be when he was placed on the left side for need. I have been wrong on Streif being done but I could see us moving on next season and going with Peat at RT. We will just have to wait and see what the deal is with that.

IMO no matter what we need to sign one stud OG in FA and go from there. If Young is that good he will find a place on this OLine. I have a good feeling the Saints come away in FA with one of Zeitler or Warmack. Adding one of those guys will be huge. Last year I really wanted Osemele who ended up signing with the Raiders. IMO he was exactly what we needed and would have been a Carl Nicks clone. He is dominating with the Raiders so that looks like a mistake if he would have even considered is which I don't see why he wouldn't have. Leary could be a very quality signing as well that likely will come at a great price below the top tier guys. I don't think we have anything to worry about with our OLine. I'm very confident everything we will need from starters to great depth will be set after this off season.

One thing we do not know is whether the coaching staff thinks that players like Young and Turner have real potential. If they so, that does affect our offseason decisions.

If staff didn't think they had potential - I don't think they'd be here.

I'd say Avery has a 50/50 chance of being the next starter at RG. But I wouldn't be surprised if we went to free agency, or drafted Feeney/Forrest/Lamp/Johnson/Siragusa.

It's possible they have "versatile backup" in mind with Avery. Jack of all trades.

I don't see a situation. Armstead - Peat - Unger - ??? - Strief = Profit

If Armstead isn't healthy or (not popular) he is traded, Peat steps in and we need to find 2 OGs.
I would have no problem with Jahri resigning for a another year.
He looked much healthier than in the past and held his own pretty well.
It won't hurt the young ones to get more seasoned before the get their shots.

I would have no problem with Jahri resigning for a another year.
He looked much healthier than in the past and held his own pretty well.
It won't hurt the young ones to get more seasoned before the get their shots.

I feel that way about Strief too.

I feel that way about Strief too.
Same here.

I'm probably Streif's biggest fan boy here.

The guy just produces every year.
There's a few guys he struggles against, but 99% of all NFL tackles suffer that same disease.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom