Avoiding a 2nd half collapse (1 Viewer)

I don't think we'll see a collapse this year. I was listening to Archie Manning on the radio the other night and he was talking about how coaches in this league and are smart and can find any weakness we have. Right now we are pretty solid on the both sides of the ball. In the 2001 and 2002 seasons where we collapsed you could see we had major deficiencies on defense and that eventually caught up with us. Although our defense is not the greatest this year I still think they are a better unit than we had in those seasons.

The proof that we don't have any glaring weaknesses came in the Tampa Bay game Sunday. That was the first time we played a team for the second time this season. The Bucs studied the tape of the first game and you know they looked for any deficiencies they could find to exploit and what happened? We won by a larger margin than we did in the first game. That proved to me right there that we have a solid team.

Last edited:
The Season is going to get rough but we have to be resilient. The East is going to get real tight and I think 9-7 might win that division but we have to be at least 10-6 to win ours. Chi may get home field but if we can go 11-5 or 12-4 we could definitely get at least a bye. That would be HUGE for the city and the team

The two key games are against the Falcons and Panthers (pretty obvious). That would put a dent in their asperations. I guess I am uneasy having experienced all those mind boggling end of season collapses. Luck has not been on our side recently!!!

I believe we go 5 and 3 thru the rest to finish 11-5 and take the south. I really believe we have a great shot at the NFC title game and a fair shot at SB!!!!!!
as I take off my Black and Gold glasses.:yes:
:gosaints:

I agree about the need to hang on to more of the potential interceptions by our defensive backs and linebackers.

I don't think I've seen so many turnover opportunities fall so harmlessly to the turf since I've been watching football.

Taking advantage of these important opportunities could not only turn a 'bad' performance around, but it could also help to finish off an opponent who is on the ropes.

Our defense MUST learn to hang on the the ball whenever they get the chance to get the turnover!

I don't think we'll see a collapse this year. I was listening to Archie Manning on the radio the other night and he was talking about how coaches in this league and are smart and can find any weakness we have. Right now we are pretty solid on the both sides of the ball. In the 2001 and 2002 seasons where we collapsed you could see we had major deficiencies on defense and that eventually caught up with us. Although our defense is not the greatest this year I still think they are a better unit than we had in those seasons.

Good points. Lets not forget that the other teams will make adjustments. Our running game is almost gone completely. We can not win games throwing all the time. We also have a negative turnover ratio. We will need some luck to go 6-2 in the second half of the season. I am hoping for 5-3, but even 4-4 would be a success!! (As long as we beat the Birds)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom