Axios: Nikki Haley has reportedly resigned as UN ambassador (1 Viewer)

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Scoop: Trump has accepted Nikki Haley's resignation

President Trump has accepted Nikki Haley's resignation as UN Ambassador, according to two sources briefed on their conversation. The timing of her departure is still unclear.
What we're hearing: Haley discussed her resignation with Trump last week when she visited him at the White House, these sources said. Her news shocked a number of senior foreign policy officials in the Trump administration.
Background: Haley, the former governor of South Carolina, was easily confirmed four days after President Trump's inauguration in 2017.

coldseat

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if this has anything to do with his continued animosity towards women during/after the Kavanaugh conformation? I'm not exactly sure why his reaction would trigger that from her now when it's been his MO for a while now, but at the same time I can imagine how she might see that as going a step to far.

Then again, she may just have a better gig somewhere else. While being part of the administration, I've always felt she's been able to walk a fine line and keep her distance from it for the most part.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting

On a side note - SR has become my source for breaking news. I saw this post before I got the news push about it

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
She was one of the only adults he picked for cabinet positions too. She's too much of an actual Republican for his administration and she's probably just fed up with having to defend it - at the UN no less.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
so strange that there weren't any whisperings of this
if we use the scant puzzle pieces we have this comes on the heels of Kavanaugh but also Trump's plane ride with Rosenstein
have no idea what any of this means

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Perhaps Nimrata got a case of the scruples?

I liked Haley when she was the South Carolina governor, and thought she was a prime candidate for running in 2020 for the presidency. But her stint in the UN and the BS that came out her mouth, really let me down.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
I just heard someone speculate that there is about to be an open senate seat in SC when Lindsey (Mad Dog) Graham takes over as AG, and they are setting her up for that.

coldseat

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just heard someone speculate that there is about to be an open senate seat in SC when Lindsey (Mad Dog) Graham takes over as AG, and they are setting her up for that.
You think they would be able to confirm Graham as AG after his little tirad on the judiciary committee? I put nothing pass the Republicans if the retain control, but that's going to be a hard pull, I think.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I actually thought this might be a possibility as well since it's no secret Graham has been angling for that AG position as soon as rump fires Sessions after the midterms.

OP
DavidM

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Listening to Haley define respect and it's essentially that the U.S. is going to do what it wants and other countries might not like us for it, but they know where we stand.

That's not respect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom