Aziz Ansari SNL Monologue - A good take on political reasonableness (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really enjoyed this monologue. Basically saying a few crazies on each side don't paint the picture of everyone. Yes, it's more geared towards Liberals, but in a way, he's telling people to chill out.

You can tell he was raised in the Carolinas.

For that small slice of people.. you gotta go back to pretending.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Whde50AacZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I enjoy Aziz. I remember a very poignant piece I read after one of the terrorist attacks, where he called his mom and made her promise to stay home for her prayers for a while. He was afraid of backlash and that she would get hurt.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The whole "Homeland" joke was on point too.

egautr1

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Everything he said was spot on!!

We need to stop trying to control other people's lives and just let people live the way they want to live. You want to be muslim, christian, gay, straight, lesbian, LGBQT, hindu, atheist, whatever...... do it!

Just stop trying to tell others how to live their life and what they should or shouldn't do or believe. Just do you.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Everything he said was spot on!!

We need to stop trying to control other people's lives and just let people live the way they want to live. You want to be muslim, christian, gay, straight, lesbian, LGBQT, hindu, atheist, whatever...... do it!

Just stop trying to tell others how to live their life and what they should or shouldn't do or believe. Just do you.
I'm not sure that was exactly his point. I took it more as, all these different cultures and people aren't going anywhere and most of them are just like everyone else and normal every day people.

I really did laugh at the "here's a brown terrorist.. now here are some other brown people doing normal stuff.. uh oh, looks Nasir spilled some nacho cheese on his Khaki's..."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom