B.R. newspaper, the Advocate, in talks with possible buyer (1 Viewer)

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any chance this could be Benson? I know he wanted to purchase the T-P from Newhouse. Could this be his way of trying to run them out of town?

WWLTV.com said:
BATON ROUGE, La. -- The Advocate, the Baton Rouge newspaper, is in talks with a possible buyer for the newspaper, the paper is reporting.

According to the Advocate's web story, "Richard Manship, president and CEO of Capital City Press, said the interested party is a private individual, not a chain," leaving that individual unnamed.

B.R. newspaper, the Advocate, in talks with possible buyer | wwltv.com New Orleans

Wouldn't that be interesting?

I can't believe it would be Benson. I have no idea how much capital Benson has or has access to, and he has political interests.

But owning a newspaper is an increasingly tough way to make a buck. I have to think that it is someone with a history in the newspaper industry who is talking to the Manship family.

I can't believe it would be Benson. I have no idea how much capital Benson has or has access to, and he has political interests.

But owning a newspaper is an increasingly tough way to make a buck. I have to think that it is someone with a history in the newspaper industry who is talking to the Manship family.

The only reason people bring up Benson is that he brought up the idea of buying out the Times Picayune.

I wonder if this means it will become anymore NOLA centric. I started getting it when TP went to new format and I was hoping for no drop off. I have to say, in its current form, it is no better than the crappy New-Star out of Monroe.

I wonder if this means it will become anymore NOLA centric. I started getting it when TP went to new format and I was hoping for no drop off. I have to say, in its current form, it is no better than the crappy New-Star out of Monroe.

I was wondering the same thing. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

The sports section, while LSU centric, is better than the TP's was. I haven't seen the TP's since my subscription ran out, but I have enjoyed the MLB stories and other national stories that the TP didn't carry. Their content is getting better. I'm happy with it and will continue to get it. The Times Picayune is dead to me. It died September 30, 2012. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benson is worth 1.2 Billion....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom