B/R OG grades (1 Viewer)

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;ve graded guard play on every snap this year for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL1000?src=hash">#NFL1000</a>. Average grades and variance (lower means more consistent) through 4 weeks: <a href="https://t.co/xMKBiNPmTt">pic.twitter.com/xMKBiNPmTt</a></p>&mdash; Ethan Young (@NFLDrafter) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLDrafter/status/784089466268815360">October 6, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CuGjuugVUAAoZiD.jpg

So Peat is playing pretty well, but is one of the most inconsistent guards in the league. Pretty much the general consensus here I believe

Or, you could say just about what you would expect for a young, but talented guy who has been trained inconsistently at 4 Oline positions.

My guess is that he would be in the "playing very well" and "average consistency" categories, if he had been allow to focus on one position, especially if that position was on the left side of the line, where he has spent the entirety of his football career.

Unfortunately for him, injuries and talent levels didn't allow that.

I'm still quite happy with getting him in the draft, even where they did. And now, factoring in the age of the QB and *possible injury frequency of the other elite OT on the team, the pick is looking better and better by the week.

Peat has played like a 2nd year player who has been shuffled all over the line. Sure it would be great if he was all ready playing like an all pro 1st round pick in his 2nd year. He has always played OT which is his natural position as well. How Peat is playing is normal and should be expected. You have to remember he was drafted as a young junior that needed to be developed. Year 3 is when we should expect a big jump in his play and mostly consistency.

Wow Luke Joeckel, is he really that bad? Didn't he go like 2nd in the draft?

I always wonder about these reporters that post " I've graded this , or I've graded that " What makes them qualified to grade ANYTHING ? Did they play the game , or coach it ? This guy looks like he's 20. I want to see credentials before I take their opinion seriously. If you didn't play or coach ( and I doubt if you didn't play you COULD coach ) I don't think your qualified to grade ANY position .

Wow Luke Joeckel, is he really that bad? Didn't he go like 2nd in the draft?
Yup. 2013 was a pretty weird draft, only 1 Pro Bowler from the top 10, for what that's worth.

Eric Fisher was the #1 overall pick and I think he turned out even worse than Joeckel.

I sure hope Rankins turns out to be a better overall player than Tunsil.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom