B.W. Webb (1 Viewer)

saints4life25

Who Dat?!?!
Reaction score
Is PFFs 16th ranked CB. He hasn't gotten a lot of praise, but for the most part, has covered very well. He's stuck out more, to me, than Moore has. Quite a few pass deflections. Always seems to be in good coverage and isn't very "handsy".

Hopefully he gets some time across from Breaux.

He has silently been a good player for us.

Shows why Payton said this is the third year in a row that he's tried to sign Webb.

B.W. Webb has been amazing. I can't believe we were able to pick this guy up off the streets.

Shows why Payton said this is the third year in a row that he's tried to sign Webb.

I saw a write up where he said this about Moore. Did he say the same about Webb?

I think you have the wrong person. He said that about Sterling Moore who we basically chased for a year or two following his departure from the Cowboys

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...cle_8ad9d924-75f4-11e6-b5cf-a7b985870e52.html

Sterling Moore had turned the New Orleans Saints down twice before.

The veteran cornerback has hit the free agent market in each of the past two seasons. Both times, Saints general manager Mickey Loomis made a call.

Moore opted for other opportunities both times. The 5-foot-10, 200-pound cornerback chose Tampa Bay last season and started nine games for the Buccaneers, then signed with the Bills this offseason.

New Orleans kept an eye on him anyway. When Moore was released in Buffalo's final cuts last weekend, the Saints pounced

Yeah, I thought it was Sterling Moore too.

Starting next year, we'll be deep at CB, for the first time I can remember, and for a long time to come. But I still suspect we'll pick one up in the draft. Quincy Wilson out of Florida, perhaps.

Yeah, I thought it was Sterling Moore too.

Starting next year, we'll be deep at CB, for the first time I can remember, and for a long time to come. But I still suspect we'll pick one up in the draft. Quincy Wilson out of Florida, perhaps.

Could've sworn it was Webb, but looks like it was Moore. Either way, dude has been playing really well for us and has exceeded any and all expectations I had for him.

B.W. Webb was a great pick up for us and has been playing well. I would like to see us resign him for next season along with Sterling Moore. With Breaux, Moore, Williams, Swann, Webb, Crawley and don't forget Kyle Wilson, we could have one of the best defensive backfields with very good depth than we've had in a long time.

Webb looks good but I think Moore actually had the tougher job and didn't suck. Moore had to cover Julio and Beckham which is a tough tough task.

Webb looks good but I think Moore actually had the tougher job and didn't suck. Moore had to cover Julio and Beckham which is a tough tough task.

Moore didn't primarily cover Julio. He did primarily cover OBJ, but I believe the job he did against him was somewhat over rated by the board here. He played 8-10 yards off and didn't get beat deep, but Beckham caught almost all of his targets. On the last drive, he absolutely toasted Moore for what would have been a TD but dropped it.

Webb has been a superior CB, in my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom