Babies and cigars question (1 Viewer)

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My daughter is having a baby today. I was thinking about giving the dad a box of cigars to hand out to his friends. Do kids still smoke cigars? Is this a waste of money?

Congrats, papaw! Is this your first?

For the cigars, idk, it depends on the person. I don't think there's one right answer here.

It's a natural male celebratory tradition. I didn't smoke but was given a cigar at the birth of my friend's daughter. It's was an awesome gesture and I felt that transitional feeling like my boy was leaving the group to do his daddy thing now. The cigar in this situation, like a trophy, is only meant to celebrate a big accomplishment.

Thanks guys. This will be my 4th grandchild. Normally I don't do anything, but I also smoke cigars. As for the whiskey the dad drinks Capt Morgans... I just can't do that lol. And he refuses to try and sip bourbon. Keeps wanting to dump coke on my good stuff. I'm going to buy myself a cigar and a bottle of Blantons and call it a day.

It's traditional and customary , some may smoke them if not smokers typically but as a "goof"

The tradition came to be because men weren't allowed in the room during the birth so the gathered in a outside room and waited and smoked

This not being the case those he presents cigars to most likely won't be gathered together
In same room at same time so the trueness of tradition won't exist

Nowadays it can be away for the new father to "brag" to his friends and express his feelings on new fatherhood

I would stay away from the "it's a boy / girl" as those are probably hard to smoke

Question is if not cigars what else to give that father can share with others

I don't think babies should be smoking cigars.

You just beat me to it.

ch-066.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom