Baby boy will be here any day now... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
My wife has started dilating. At 2 cm yesterday and her due date is April 28. We doubt she makes it to the date. We've began packing and have the car seat waiting in the car. You can say I am starting to get a little nervous, but super excited and ready! It's our first. Any tips?

Talk to him like he's an adult, but play with him like he's a child.

He'll be the most fun person you've ever met.

Added bonus: Now you have a legitimate reason to watch cartoons all the time. (They still rock)

Enjoy every moment. Careful when changing diapers, they do not always wait to pee until the diaper is back on. It is a design flaw.

My wife has started dilating. At 2 cm yesterday and her due date is April 28. We doubt she makes it to the date. We've began packing and have the car seat waiting in the car. You can say I am starting to get a little nervous, but super excited and ready! It's our first. Any tips?

my lil boy was born june 9, 2011. fun stuff man.

if you're like me, my nerves were SHOT the first week. couldnt eat (dropped 10lbs in 10 days), cold all the time. you'd be amazed how alert you can be even when your little man cant sleep and you get about 4-5 hours of sleep. my wife and i rotated nights to get up with him.

i dont know what you want to do, but my wife and i set up a routine for him. we bathed him about 7, gave him his bottle after, then played with him, put him down for the night about 8/830. lil man is almost 2 and he still wants to eat supper, bathe, drink his milk then go to bed about 9. my bro/sis in law didnt do any kind of routine, their kid went to bed whenever they felt like putting her down, midnight/1/2, whenever. shes almost 2 as well and still cant sleep. wont take naps, nothing. now they regret not doing some sort of routine just so they can get a good nights sleep. just something to think about...

also, learn how to swaddle, its really easy. my boy loved it.
Slide show: How to swaddle a baby - MayoClinic.com

and my little boy loved this
Cloud B Gentle Giraffe Plush Sound Machine with Four Soothing Sounds - Cloud B - Babies "R" Us
it plays a heartbeat sound, waterfall and some more. the heartbeat was the only way to calm him down when he was a newborn and crying.

congrats!

btw, hold ya breath for those first few dirty diapers...

Congrats!

Best advice you'll ever get. Use the nursery at the hospital as much as possible and get well rested before going home.

Well, my wife went to her first weekly check up Monday and was dilated 2cm... so we're being prepared :) The due date is April 28.

Well, my wife went to her first weekly check up Monday and was dilated 2cm... so we're being prepared :) The due date is April 28.

ahhh well she may stay that way for another 2-3 weeks...so then keep the clock. lol

Our daughter came 9 days early on Tuesday - it was a bit of a fire drill getting put of the house at 2:30am but everything went well. In those moments when she (or you) thinks "I'm not ready!" just remember that you are ready - and you will be well cared for at the hospital.

I know you're excited - best wishes!

With 2 little ones in the past three years I agree with most that has been said.

Routine is key if you ever want peace again.

Use the nursery. Do not feel like a bad parent asking that he stay in there. Your wife will have gone through quite a lot. You and nurses can focus on her needs and sleep during this time.

Swaddling is phenomenal

We had a sheep from Toys R us with the soothing sounds. The three year old digs the rain and the one year old digs the heart beat.

Read to them, as much as possible. It makes a world of difference in their comprehension.

Pay special attention to your ride home from the hospital. It will be the most caustious you have ever driven in your life. You age instantly wondering why everyone is in such a hurry and driving so crazy!

Enjoy it. It is remarkable how much my boys have changed my life and I wouldnt have it any other way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom