Baby shot in head by 2 kids. (merged - 2 suspects arrested) (1 Viewer)

There isn't any reason to believe that whomever shot the baby shouldnt be considered a threat to society. Killing a harmless and innocent baby is something I consider to be quite cold hearted and can't see that person ever respecting another human being. Just unreal how people can take a life so easily.

There isn't any reason to believe that whomever shot the baby shouldnt be considered a threat to society. Killing a harmless and innocent baby is something I consider to be quite cold hearted and can't see that person ever respecting another human being. Just unreal how people can take a life so easily.

I just wonder if this story is true. Seems real far fetched for a nice neighborhood like this was suppose to be. I'm sure police will go over every detail of the story.

holy crap! Whatever happened in this case the end result still sucks. Precious lil boy too... we need to be harder on criminals and lower the age of tried as an adult, kids mature faster today than ever before they know early if they are doing something right or wrong. This is sad :(

I just wonder if this story is true. Seems real far fetched for a nice neighborhood like this was suppose to be. I'm sure police will go over every detail of the story.

I agree. I haven't read much more than the headline and I know the mother got shot in the leg but this is the kind of story that always seems to end up with the mother lying and some other even sicker version coming out where she is involved. Not saying that's my view because I just don't know enough and God help that poor mother if she's not involved, but doesn't it feel that way at first blush?

Any news on this story? It's like they dropped it.

Two youths arrested in shooting death of Georgia baby

By Tom Watkins, Nick Valencia and Phil Gast, CNN
updated 8:37 PM EDT, Fri March 22, 2013

Brunswick, Georgia (CNN) -- Two teen boys in this coastal city were under arrest Friday, accused in the fatal shooting of a 13-month-old boy who was in a stroller being pushed by his mother.

Aided by a description and a check of school attendance records to determine who was not in classes Thursday, officers searched for the young suspects and took them into custody, police said.

The mother told reporters the shooting occurred when one youth demanded money.

Police expressed confidence they would find the weapon, believed to be a handgun.

[...]

Two youths arrested in death of Georgia baby - CNN.com

Jesus. "Horrific" doesn't begin to describe this.

Just ran across this:

It's not the mother's first loss of a child to violence. Sherry West said her 18-year-old son, Shaun Glassey, was killed in New Jersey in 2008. She still has a newspaper clipping from the time.

Glassey was killed with a steak knife in March 2008 during an attack involving several other teens on a dark street corner in Gloucester County, N.J., according to news reports from the time.

"He and some other boys were going to ambush a kid," Bernie Weisenfeld, a spokesman for the Gloucester County prosecutor's office, told the AP Friday.

Glassey was armed with a knife, but the 17-year-old target of the attack was able to get the knife away from him "and Glassey ended up on the wrong end of the knife," Weisenfeld recalled.

Prosecutors decided the 17-year-old would not be charged because they determined that he acted in self-defense.

Infant Slain In Stroller Update: Ga. police arrest two teens in shooting that left mother wounded, infant dead - Crimesider - CBS News

Geez.

That is a really cool city. Real laid back and friendly. I can't believe this happened there. Well anywhere really. It is just such a juxtaposition of my memories of the place and this heinous act.

I saw the interview last night. With everything that we see on a daily bases, it is rare that I am actually disturbed by anything that I see on the news but this turned my stomach. The baby went to sleep in a stroller and never woke up because of pure evil. Many stories can be explained by life circumstances, situations, etc.. but I can think of no circumstance that these two got to this point without just being evil at the core.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom