Back off Jamies (1 Viewer)

This is funny. Hit us with a stop picking on my little brother thread.

The more I read about the communication issues of Jamies not getting the o-line in the right protection the more the blame is on him. Drew almost never had this issue.
So it was Jameis fault that Peat was getting put on all 4s all day and couldn’t block the man one on one right in front of his face?

Winston is holding it down until Book is ready to run the offense.
LOL doubt that is the plan, but it may come to that. Too small a sample size of Jameis' work here to make any conclusions. All I can say is that in pressure situations, it looks like he lapses into old Jameis. That said, nobody could do well with that pressure. It seems he needs more experience in this offense to call the right protections or to audible into the right protections. An experienced center will help with this. He did extremely well when he had the time in the Green Bay game. So for me anyway the jury is still out.

He's had two games, and one of them was without most of the offensive assistants when the whole offense (particularly the line) played poorly. That's not enough of a sampling just yet to call it either way with Jameis.

I'm on the record saying that I didn't think Winston (or Hill) would be the long term answer, but let's just let the season play out and see what happens. If Payton can salvage him it's a coup, if not we move on. But if we see more stat lines from him like yesterday we'll probably see Hill at some point, and maybe Book, too.

Yeah he sort of stunk yesterday, but it will take a lot more than that to turn me against Winston. Question is, what is Payton's breaking point? I'll go with whatever Payton's reaction is.
Me too. As long as Winston is under center, he is my QB. If CSP were to make a change, whichever guy he chooses will be my QB.

I don't understand these people up in arms about Winston - or any Saints player. As a black & gold blooded fan, i pull for the team and support any player who wears the jersey.

Dude had a bad game. Coaches had a bad game. The whole team had a bad game. Move on to the next game.

A lot of ridiculous behavior on this board.

LOL doubt that is the plan, but it may come to that. Too small a sample size of Jameis' work here to make any conclusions. All I can say is that in pressure situations, it looks like he lapses into old Jameis. That said, nobody could do well with that pressure. It seems he needs more experience in this offense to call the right protections or to audible into the right protections. An experienced center will help with this. He did extremely well when he had the time in the Green Bay game. So for me anyway the jury is still out.
Ha! I didn't see your post until after posted mine, but we pretty much said the same thing!

I'm sure the Bucs fans were saying the same thing until they realized this is just what he does, new Jersey, same QB. His talent is evident, but he may not be the QB for this Team long term.

The quarterback gets too much credit when the team wins and too much blame when the team loses. It’s always been that way. His touchdowns last week were inflated. You know something is wrong when you run for 170 yards, pass for 140 yards and have 5 touchdown passes and 0 touchdown runs. The most obvious one was jet sweep that counts as a touchdown pass because Kamara came In front of him instead of behind him. People were beating their chests about the 5 touchdown passes last week. There’s no reason why he shouldn’t be criticized for the poor game this week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom