Back off Jamies (1 Viewer)

How old was he? Hold old is Jameis? How many playoff games has Jameis won? Superbowls?
If you actually look at Drew's stats instead of trying to post nonsense, you'll find that Drew threw most of his interceptions at Winston's age plus. It wasn't until he had the 5 int game against the Falcons in 2012 that the light began to dawn on Drew. He was 33 then. If your point is that he was throwing ints because he was an older QB, it was exactly the opposite. He threw most of his ints early to mid career.

Edit: Don't forget - at Jameis age, Drew only had 1 playoff appearance (a loss to the Jets) and zero SB's.

Last edited:
Extremely ridiculous.

The offense Drew ran was tailored to his strengths and he had over a decade to master it. Jameis has had a little more than a year in this system and only around three games worth of live action play in terms of executing the gameplan.

Our offense is complex. I am willing to give JW time to find his way. Far too many Saints fans forget that ‘06 Drew took several weeks to find his rhythm in this system CREATED FOR HIS SKILL SET.

I truly believe that this game may turn out to be a blessing. Sean will see that he has to loosen the clamps on Jameis but remind him to play within himself. Communication will be emphasized and attention to detail heightened. We will get it together, folks.
You got me fired up again!!! :melike:

Winston got a lot of developing to do with a lot of growing pains. It's not gonna happen over night.

The key progression that I try to take away is if does he cost us games. In this instance, it's an easy NO.

Let's see how he does next week, but this week was a look with the training wheels off with a ton of circumstances and Winston wasn't ready.

Would of 2006 Drew would of been ready for that... I doubt it, but it was a good loss to get better from and Winston did try to hold his composure till the hits rattle him. I hope he learned that he can't always rely on other to take over the game. He has to step up and play.

If Winston was throwing out of nowhere picks in a clean game... It would be a very worrisome sign and there still will be, because defenses has the luxury to safety/DB blitz at will and WR aren't winning one on ones.

He got hit a lot before he regressed and I'm honestly surprised that it wasn't worse.

I think biggest growing pain for a developing QB is how they respond after they get hit. Winston was fine after 3-4 hits and 2 sacks... But unravel when hits went to 8-11 and 4 sacks.

I know you can't always play when suns out, but that was almost a top 5 WOAT oline performance dating back to 2009.

He got to watch the tape and develop.
This! And for all those people asking "did he not learn anything in Tampa?" I think the only thing Tampa taught Winston was how to sling it around. I don't think they taught him anything else. It didn't happen for Brees overnight, why is it supposed to be different for Winston?

I'm sure the Bucs fans were saying the same thing until they realized this is just what he does, new Jersey, same QB. His talent is evident, but he may not be the QB for this Team long term.
The difference I suspect that he has just this one season with us to prove it. We will know by the end of the season if he has improved or not.

If you actually look at Drew's stats instead of trying to post nonsense, you'll find that Drew threw most of his interceptions at Winston's age plus. It wasn't until he had the 5 int game against the Falcons in 2012 that the light began to dawn on Drew. He was 33 then. If your point is that he was throwing ints because he was an older QB, it was exactly the opposite. He threw most of his ints early to mid career.

Edit: Don't forget - at Jameis age, Drew only had 1 playoff appearance (a loss to the Jets) and zero SB's.
My point was....when Winston has a resume like Drew's I will forgive him in his last game.

On both he panicked and just chucked it deep.
Not so sure about the second int.

Watching it on game pass just now and (only on the camera angles from behind the line of scrimmage) you can see a Saint standing on the goal line, wide open, in a direct line from Jameis pass. Hard to tell the number but it kind of looks like 82 (Trautman). Hard to tell for sure and I didn't go back and try to do process of elimination.

To my POV on that particular angle (most angles have the receiver out of the frame) Jameis made a good decision, but way under threw the pass as he was going down.

So, on that one it looked to me like he saw the right target, but just couldn't get it to him.

Last edited:
How old was he? Hold old is Jameis? How many playoff games has Jameis won? Superbowls?
Drew had several games when he was younger where he threw multiple picks. Especially games where he was heavily pressured. That's a fact not my opinion.

He threw 22 picks and 33 TDs in 2010 when he was like 31 years old. Jameis gets ripped for throwing 33TDs and 30 interceptions at 25 years old.

Drew had several games when he was younger where he threw multiple picks. Especially games where he was heavily pressured. That's a fact not my opinion.

He threw 22 picks and 33 TDs in 2010 when he was like 31 years old. Jameis gets ripped for throwing 33TDs and 30 interceptions at 25 years old.
When you start making excuses for a player who has a track record for up and down play you know your in denial. I think Jameis is who he is and again this was a TEAM loss but Jameis does not look like he fits the style of offense we play and him not being able to make those line calls is and should be concerning...but its only week 2, but its something everybody is going to pay attention to (media pundits and fans) going forward.

When you start making excuses for a player who has a track record for up and down play you know your in denial. I think Jameis is who he is and again this was a TEAM loss but Jameis does not look like he fits the style of offense we play and him not being able to make those line calls is and should be concerning...but its only week 2, but its something everybody is going to pay attention to (media pundits and fans) going forward.
Belichick and all of the other defensive coaches the Saints play are paying attention too. Winston is going to see a lot of pressure until he proves he can beat it more often than he doesn't.

I expect the Patriots to do some unbalanced overload rushes while dropping linemen into coverage, instead of all out blitzes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom