Back to back LB's? (1 Viewer)

I'm really pulling for Rivers with that #10 pick though.

Leading up to the draft many things can change but for now dont you think 10 is too high for him? His stock has been rising a little lately but from what I've seen he's been listed in the 20's.

Granted though if we do pick him at 10 and he plays one snap next year that would be an automatic upgrade from last year's #1 :covri:

[QUOTE ] Brian Simmons, who should have started; QUOTE]

If the man can't keep gap integrity on ST's why should he start?

Sign Briggs draft Rivers would be a Dream Offseason for me......

Mayo..... why is everyone so high on this kid.....?? I didnt even notice him in the SECCG.... and this is the only site I am hearing his name.....

Sign Briggs draft Rivers would be a Dream Offseason for me......

Mayo..... why is everyone so high on this kid.....?? I didnt even notice him in the SECCG.... and this is the only site I am hearing his name.....

seriously?

he was number 7 i believe. he was all over the field. ive seen him alot this year and always thought he was great

It does not matter who is playing LB if the DTs suck. Go get Ellis.

It does not matter who is playing LB if the DTs suck. Go get Ellis.

yes it does

simoneau is horrible no matter if he has reggie white, cortez kennedy, warren sapp and bruce smith as his defensive linemen

clearly both positions need to be uprgraded. and i for one am getting pretty freakin tired of taking guys in the third round and lower level FA guys to attempt to alleviate the problem

id like ellis 1 and lofton or mayo 2. i think if we cant get ellis in the first then a guy like frank okam would be a great fit in the second or third with us taking a lb in the first

did you see who he was covering. Brain Robiske is not a great WR. Now don't get me wrong Jackson is a good player but i think he is suited for a cover 2 type defense. We need big corners you can play on the ball.

Well I guess the guys on NFL network don't know what they are talking about, because they have all said that Jackson has been the best looking corner at the senior bowl practices. And lets not forget that he has played on an island in man coverage for 3 years against the best competition in the country(SEC). I am not saying he is a 1st round pick, but he's damn good. He spped is definately a question mark at this point, but I've noticed over the years that when it looks like he is getting burned, he then shows great makeup speed, his first 20 is not fast but his 2nd 20 is.

I'd love to get those two (Rivers/Mayo), but we need one of those top 5 CBs... and I think they will all be gone by the end od the 2nd rd... if there was a promise that we could get one of those guys in the 3rd I'd be all for it...

Trade for Rogers. Sign Briggs. Sign Florence. Draft Ellis. Draft Davis TE. Draft Lofton MLB. Draft King CB. Pray for Mckenzie and Deuce.

Last edited:
The reason everyone is high on Mayo the beast had over like 1,000 tackles in 3 season you do the math... there will be plenty of good CB left in the 3rd round... Plus a LB will have a bigger impact than a CB to me... sign a vet. CB and draft one 3rd round so he can be mentored

Trade down, take Connor in the first, Mayo in the 2nd. Use the extra pick gained (probably a 2nd also) to take a DT as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom