Back to back LB's? (1 Viewer)

Trade for Rogers. Sign Briggs. Sign Florence. Draft Ellis. Draft Davis TE. Draft Lofton MLB. Draft King CB. Pray for Mckenzie and Deuce.

Rogers takes way to many plays off and pulls himself out of games at critical times. I saw this in two different Detroit games this year, and the announcers, I believe Darryl Johnston was very critical of him for this.

Optimal draft day scenario for Saints:
1. We have signed a front line CB and OG via FA...cmon Loomis the $$$ is there.
2. Ellis falls to #10, we run to the podium with the pick, takes less than 10 seconds
3. Mayo or Highsmith is available in rd #2, Saints fans on Airline Drive scream with joy when selection is made.
4. I can quit watching the rest of the draft and go play golf b/c we are looking good heading into 08!

It does not matter who is playing LB if the DTs suck. Go get Ellis.

wake up .... list me a defense that had great DTs and Bad LBs that did well? I believe the answer is none....

Well I guess the guys on NFL network don't know what they are talking about, because they have all said that Jackson has been the best looking corner at the senior bowl practices. And lets not forget that he has played on an island in man coverage for 3 years against the best competition in the country(SEC). I am not saying he is a 1st round pick, but he's damn good. He spped is definately a question mark at this point, but I've noticed over the years that when it looks like he is getting burned, he then shows great makeup speed, his first 20 is not fast but his 2nd 20 is.

Not sure if you are watching the same sr. bowl practices that i have been watching but they are all saying L. Mckelvin is the best corner in the s.r bowl, it is on the front page of this site (read quote below)

The speedy McKelvin has enjoyed a meteoric rise in draft projections, and after a rocky start early in the week has continued to move up draft boards.
"He's my top-ranked corner in the country," Mayock said. "I think he's a quick-twist kid and he has added value in the return game.

I have heard them saying ll week that C. Jackson is a cover 2 corner due to his lack of speed. I agree with the comment of not picking someone b/c he is a LSU product we need qualit corners and he does no fit our scheme. We may be a good cover 2 corner but so was Jason David!

wake up .... list me a defense that had great DTs and Bad LBs that did well? I believe the answer is none....

LBs play better with great DTs in front of them. Look at the Jaguars. You could also argue the same for the Patriots (3 first round DLinemen - no LBs drafted higher than the 5th round since Belichick has been there), Steelers, Eagles (Trotter was nothing without that DLine), Vikings and others.

I don't think you need to look any further than the Redskins several years ago when they had Arrington and went out and signed probowl LBs Trotter and Armstead yet had no DLine.... they stunk.

You can play around it in a 3-4 since your two OLBs typically should still be good pass rushers. But in a 4-3, if you don't have a good DLine, you aren't going anywhere. Ask Ray Lewis.

There's a reason why rookie LBs typically have the most immediate impact among defensive players. Also many 2nd round LBs have great rookie seasons, usually because the team they are drafted by took DLine in the first.

Trade for Rogers. Sign Briggs. Sign Florence. Draft Ellis. Draft Davis TE. Draft Lofton MLB. Draft King CB. Pray for Mckenzie and Deuce.

I think you may have just thrown him out there, but I would like to see us look at Justin King as well. He reportedly ran a 4.36 earlier this year without taking 2 months to prepare for it like he will before his Pro Day. He has good size and athletic ability too. The big knock on him is his inconsistency. But I like where your head is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom