backup for brees (1 Viewer)

Maybe this is just my love of LSU talking but I would love to get Matt Flynn to backup Brees. I think we could get him no problem undrafted.

I wouldn't mind it.
Flynn performed well in pressure situations, and seems to execute gameplans well.

I would rather Rattay or Green come in. I think the Saints need a veteran.

If we are going to get some homers, sign me up for Dorsey and Jacob Hester!!!!!!

Coming from a fellow LSU fan, I think we can do better. There were times last year when I was scratching my head whether Flynn was the right man for the job over RP. His reads always seemed a little slow to me, which doesn't translate well into a much faster NFL game. I like what we have in Palko for QB of the future for now.

Now wait for the 5 pages of people to call you a homer. :hihi:

as an lsu grad i apprecaite what he did, but there is no way he will make any impact in the nfl. he lacks the arm strength needed. he is a clone of matt mauck, and i havent heard his name mentioned much. hopefully we will get green and have palko with maybe an undrafted rookie to fight in camp.

Flynn could be a #3 right now- but no way would you want to rely on him if Drew got hurt. Palco would be #2 right now and I am not sure about him. That is why they are looking at Trent Green and Mark Brunnell. We need a vet.as insurance.

Hester would be the only LSU player I would want. I would like to see him ran as a receiver like the Patriots do Welker. Lets face it, its not everyday you see a fast *** white boy. :p

I think the reason we struggles for half the season, the reason we needed all kinds of things to go right in order to make it to the National Championship, and the reason LSU doesn't have the respect of National Champions is Matt Flynn. Some say he is a second half QB. I want a full game QB. Too bad RP had issues becuase he would have been much better than Flynn. I know Flynn was loyal and waited for his oppurtunity, but he damn sure didn't capitalize. We would have won the National Championship by a much larger margin with RP starting. Flynn barely managed at the collegiate level, he in no way makes it in the NFL, not even as a backup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom