Backyard Fire Pits (1 Viewer)

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I am looking for a fire pit for my backyard.
I am looking for something about 30" in diameter that will not wear out in a couple years but also does not cost $400.

Any recommendations?

Gas? Wood? If wood, you can build one of those yourself pretty cheaply. There are plenty of designs and plans on the interwebs. If gas, if you want/need any gas pipe plumbing done, then I seriously doubt you'll find anything less than $400, since the plumbing may cost more than that.

Any farmers nearby that could hook you up with a tractor rim? Have had mine for years and years and it gets used a ton.

i bought a small gas one for my patio, wont even keep your feet warm

i need something to block the light at the apt building behind me, lights up my yard like daybreak

I found a used one on facebook marketplace for $40. I would check there or craigslist. It was basically new, Hampton Bay brand I think...somewhat small (28" dia. advertised, but really around 22" for putting in wood and the rest for a decorative ring). Only used it once, but so far so good.

IMG_4166.JPG

I use landscaping bricks from Home Depot. After a season a couple crack. I just replace later. It’s about $2/brick I think. 12 bricks row. 3 rows high. Pea gravel in middle. We have a lot of fires.

Attachments

• 228ADE5A-B5CE-444E-9ECA-6D00EF9B675B.jpeg
    228ADE5A-B5CE-444E-9ECA-6D00EF9B675B.jpeg
    741.1 KB · Views: 8
  • AACE752F-A462-46F4-97E4-68D544608F23.jpeg
    AACE752F-A462-46F4-97E4-68D544608F23.jpeg
    655.1 KB · Views: 30
I use landscaping bricks from Home Depot. After a season a couple crack. I just replace later. It’s about $2/brick I think. 12 bricks row. 3 rows high. Pea gravel in middle. We have a lot of fires.
Thought about that (for the 6 days I might use it)
No reinforcement? Just freestanding?

I thought about going that route, but I want this on a concrete patio and I want the ability to move it if i want to use that space for something else.
I think I am leaning towards Longhorn Saint's plan of looking on Craiglist/Facebook market to find somebody who bought an expensive one and got tired of it and is selling cheap.

Thought about that (for the 6 days I might use it)
No reinforcement? Just freestanding?
yea just free standing. no reinforcement. we used it probably 15-20 times last winter. have maybe 12 bricks cracked that ill replace.

i actually went and poured a slab around the bottom row of bricks. so need to buy another 12 soon to make it 3 layers tall again. got tired of tracking grass inside going get beer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom