Bad calls of the week (blown call repository) (1 Viewer)

The Giants INT, in the replay you can see the ref in good position to make the call and was waving incomplete before the ball bounced off the receiver's foot. Way too fast on the whistle.

The calls are all over the place and for and against any team. I don't think it's bias, it's just BAD all around. Like I said last week. If we want to ensure that refs don't cost us any games, we have to make sure the game isn't close enough that they can effect the outcome...

fans have the benefit of watching 47 replays from 19 different angles....

most calls or non calls are made during real time action without this benefit

it stands to reason that the refs aren't going to get everything right on every single play

i certainly think there is room for improvement, but let's face it, calls like holding and the like are going to be missed unless you put 50 refs out on the field

The quality of officiating seems worse this year than last year, and last year was pretty bad.

Nobody is crybagging here; it's just interesting to me to point out how games could have been different. In a gabrazillion dollar league, it's crazy that a two-bit ref can change outcomes.

Besides, the Hochuli thing was ridiculous. There were clearly 2 seconds left on the clock and he runs in to stop the game.

The interception return for a td by the Giant's Phillips that was called back to the spot because the ref thought it was incomplete instead of being kicked by the Dallas player

This was a bad one. Understandable mistake, but drastic.

I can't fault the refs for the Giants int. That was a one in a million play. And remember, just a few years ago, refs were so scared of the "inadvertant whistle" that they wouldn't make a call at all and just left it up to the TV review.

Worst (non)call was Stincomb's holding right in front of the ref. If the teams were reversed, we would be screaming bloody murder.

1) Ed Hochuli calling the Packer-Bengals game over when there were clearly 2 seconds left on the clock. A false start probably could have been called, making this one irrelevant, but how can you run in and stop the play when the clock clearly said :02? Turrible.

A False Start was called, and with :01 on the clock (according to the official gamebook). Even so, the play is called dead on a false start, and the penalty on the offense would have resulted in a :10 clock runoff. Game over. Otherwise, the offense could commit a foul to stop the clock just to get another play that they don't deserve. Nothing wrong with that call...officiating crew handled it perfectly.

The quality of officiating seems worse this year than last year, and last year was pretty bad.

Nobody is crybagging here; it's just interesting to me to point out how games could have been different. In a gabrazillion dollar league, it's crazy that a two-bit ref can change outcomes.

Besides, the Hochuli thing was ridiculous. There were clearly 2 seconds left on the clock and he runs in to stop the game.

He ran in to stop the PLAY because there was a penalty on the offense for a false start. It was a correct call, and the game was over because the offensive penalty resulted in a 10 second runoff. How exactly is that ridiculous?

The calls are all over the place and for and against any team. I don't think it's bias, it's just BAD all around. Like I said last week. If we want to ensure that refs don't cost us any games, we have to make sure the game isn't close enough that they can effect the outcome...

What about the phantom "hands/forearm to the face" personal foul call on Darren Sharper in the Lions game, as well as the blown call that CJ stepped out of bounds? Sorry I watched it, he didn't...

What about the phantom "hands/forearm to the face" personal foul call on Darren Sharper in the Lions game, as well as the blown call that CJ stepped out of bounds? Sorry I watched it, he didn't...
You're right, CJ did not step out of bounds, making the call against Sharper an obvious make up call. In the end, the Lions deserved the TD.

Eagles Game: It looked to me like Heath's heel was on the line in that fabulous twisting touchdown.

Eagles game: I'm 99% sure the challenge in the end zone was a trapped ball, but the camera angle didn't catch it. It was a bad call, but a good review.
I disagree on both. Evan's heel was right up against the line, but that doesn't mean it was touching the line. The ref near the end zone pointed to the other ref for confirmation that he stayed in bounds, and when he got it, signaled TD. I saw nothing on replay to overturn the call.

On the Eagles TD, again I saw nothing on replay to overturn the call. The receiver had his hands under the ball and maintained control throughout.

Both good calls IMO.

interference on that dropped pass at the end of the monday night game. clear interference, he hit his arm then grabbed it.

The worst call of the week was Robert Henson deciding to tweet to the Redskins fans.

Interference on Indy last night on the potential game winning catch by Ted Ginn, Jr.

He had him by the inside of his shoulder pad tugging on him just before the ball got there. Why you think he dropped it?

You gotta make that call.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom