Bad game plan? (1 Viewer)

I am surprised that more posters dont think that we had this game where we wanted it, and didn't pound them into the ground.

This is exactly what I think. We should have opened up the second half with a healthy dose of Deuce until Pittsburgh stopped him, not a no back set. And for those who argue we need to use Reggie just so that we can confuse the D, when you don't put anyone in the backfield and advertise you're definitely going to pass, then that kind of takes the surprise factor away.

We gained 500+ yards, dominated time of possession and we're blaming offensive game plan?

We lost because we turned the ball over three times, and couldn't get any takeaways against a team that has turned it over more than any other in the league. It really is that simple.

I'm surprised we didn't use Deuce more, especially early in the 2nd half when we still had the lead. But we should have been able to throw the ball at will against their secondary even before Townsend and Polamalu got knocked out of the game. And we did. So I can't really say that it was a bad gameplan. Running against them would have been playing into the strength of their defense...if it has one.

I agree that there should have been more Deuce in the mix...

We needed to move the chains and holdthe ball longer and keep them offthe field. Getting pass happy allowed them to get the ball and the lead.

We gained 500+ yards, dominated time of possession and we're blaming offensive game plan?

There's an old saying: There are 3 kinds of lies: Lies, damned lies, and statistics. Obviously, Payton called a great game in the first half. But our offense only scored 7 points in the second half. Usually, when a team puts up lots of passes, it comes out on the losing end, even if it ends up with a bunch of yardage. Winning teams need a strong running game and strong D. We had an opportunity to run in the second half, as Deuce was moving the pile running inside today. But we didn't take that opportunity. I really think we would have seen a different outcome today if we had. Pittsburgh won the turnover battle AND the rushing battle today. Win those two, and a team wins the game almost every time.

We lost because we turned the ball over three times, and couldn't get any takeaways against a team that has turned it over more than any other in the league. It really is that simple.

What he said +1000

Turnovers will do us in eveey time.

THE FALCONS LOSS WILL PROVE TO BE HUGE!
GO BUCS!!!

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!

Show a team that had over 400 yards off offense and 9-10 you will lose doing that why is that , beacuse we forced them into a track meet and our def is not built to stop a non stop passing attack , we didnt protect our def , The turnovers and passing the ball 47 times hurt us , show me where teams win by passing 47 times a game!

Show a team that had over 400 yards off offense and 9-10 you will lose doing that why is that , beacuse we forced them into a track meet and our def is not built to stop a non stop passing attack , we didnt protect our def , The turnovers and passing the ball 47 times hurt us , show me where teams win by passing 47 times a game!

dunno, but maybe the Colts?

really doesn't matter if run or pass, if it scores td, granted giving defense a breather on the sideline Helps immensely.

Plain and simple the Turnover battle we are doing horrible in.

The game started out horrible with us starting Terrance Copper ahead of Devery Henderson. Why in the heck wasn't Devery starting with that awesome game he had last week is beyond me!?!

Copper is Horn's backup, not Devery. You can't just take a wide receiver and plug him into another wide receiver's position and expect him to know what to do.

I was surprised we didn't run the ball much in that first series of the 3rd quarter. But to say that the play calling cost us the game is ludicrous. We essentially had four turnovers in the second half -- 2 lost fumbles, a missed short FG, and a 15 yard penalty that turned a 3rd and 5 into a 3rd and 20. Hard to overcome those mistakes no matter what your play calling.

turnovers

run defense

look no further than those two....if you are looking elsewhere, you are really stretching

Umm,
ToP was not the problem today.

Saints Steelers
Time Of piece of work. 33:01 26:59

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/teamstats/NFL_20061112_NO@PIT

Turnovers were.

SSP
Thank you!!! we had a couple 8min drives in this game, we held the ball over 30min (with the passing game) we ALWAYS chew the clock up with the passing game (see Eagles game) we lost this game because of the Turnovers, you must not of seen this game....Copper fumbled the ball at the steelers 20...thats how we lost...not because of the playcalling....WE LOST THIS GAME BECAUSE OF TURNOVERS!!! NOT PLAY CALLING!!!

This is dead on, I am surprised that more posters dont think that we had this game where we wanted it, and didn't pound them into the ground.

No it's not. It's completely silly.

When you're playing from a 2 touchdown deficit, the clock is not your friend. We were down by 2 touchdowns twice in one game.

We were getting yards running, but not a lot. If we pound the ball, we lose.

I am still wondering how well Dueces knee is doing. Yeah I know the party line is that he is great, but with how he is being underutilized I just wonder if they are not holding back on his carries to limit wear and tear on that knee.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom